Online/Networking?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:01 pm

I would also like to see a raw socket extension, so we can talk with already-existing protocols (like SSH, telnet, FTP, etc. just to name a few). I am a power-user of MMF2, and it has always missed such a extension. I'm really looking forward to new versions of Construct, and I might switch my newer projects, if it get's stable enough (and has more features!).
B
G

Post » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:43 pm

I can try to code an online plugin for Construct if it is of real interest to someone (as i think it is).
This project deserve it all :)
B
G

Post » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:00 pm

I think a lot of people would be interested in an online plugin!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:02 am

just wondering, because i'm not entirely clear on what's going to be done with this plugin, will there be a client to client feature?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Well for client to client communication there must be a server somewhere. If you are asking if it will be possible to make a 2 player network game (Host/Join style) it will definitely be, as well as a single server/multiple client game.

I'm using Hawk Network Library that according to my experience is very reliable, stable and GPL so there should be no licensing problem (But hey a RakNet plugin is always possible in the future :P). I've already coded a kind of working socket wrapper, i'll post something as soon as it will be usable.

Mk
B
G

Post » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:44 pm

That would be great.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Wow that was quick! Sounds awesome, can't wait.

Edit- Also, if this was made, we'd definately need some kind of string parsing object. Unless this can be done through contruct already? :O
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 am

Functions like Mid, Left, Right, Len, Str appear to be already implemented.
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:22 am

I have just spent some time looking over the Hawk network library

[url:mhkhtri5]http://www.hawksoft.com/hawknl/[/url:mhkhtri5]

From what I can see it looks very good :) especially considering there are no licensing issues.

I will certainly be very interested in your progress MK, and if you need any input, I am most willing.

I am starting to get excited about all of this :D
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:35 am

Having examined the Hawk documentation further, here is my first question MK:

Are you planning to implement a higher level layer that manipulates the library through construct, or are you looking to simply allow construct to use the library as is?

I ask the question, because Hawk has fairly low level socket manipulation.

Of course, I am only looking at the Hawk documentation for the first time and a bit of feed back from a more experienced Hawk user would be good ;)
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion