Oops! WebGL is not supported. ???

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Error report information
Type: unhandled rejection
Reason: Error: failed to initialise WebGL context
Construct 3 version: r12
URL: https://editor.construct.net/
Date: Tue Mar 28 2017 11:10:36 GMT-0700 (PDT)
Uptime: 4.3 s

Unable to collect further diagnostic information because a promise rejection occurred while trying to collect it.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 pm

@fremachuca: Please go through the same steps indicated in this post and post the results here.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:55 pm

I had the same webgl error pop up on my ASUS running windows 10 but I reloaded the window and it started.

So not just a Mac issue. I did have the wrong Chrome for my system and it had the 32 bit version which came installed on my 64 bit system. I updated to Chrome 64 and the error has not occured again.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:17 am

Hey, I having the same issue on my win10 PC. When I run http://webglreport.com/?v=1 this is what I'm getting.

"× This browser supports WebGL 1, but it is disabled or unavailable.

Sometimes this is the result of older video drivers being rejected by the browser. Try updating your video drivers if possible.

Also check out Get WebGL, or try installing the latest version of Chrome, or Firefox.

Platform: Win32
Browser User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/57.0.2987.110 Safari/537.36"

At the beginning construct.net says "Congratulations! As far as we can tell, you're able to run Construct 3!" but when I click on "continue to Construct 3" this is what I'm getting.

"Oops! WebGL is not supported."

Please help.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:42 am

@sudeep98 please make sure you've checked what several of us posted. 32bit? version? reboot? chrome://flags disable?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 am

If you are getting the message "Oops! WebGL is not supported" this means that webGL has been disabled in your version of chrome. There are 2 possible causes for this:

1. WebGL has crashed in chrome this is not the same as the tab crashing There will be a strip below the address bar saying WebGL has crashed with a reload button, you MUST click the reload button. Pressing refresh will not restart WebGL until it reload has been pressed. Closing and reopening Chrome may also restart WebGL.

2. Your computer has matched a blacklist for WebGL support in Chrome. Normally this is because your computers OpenGL implementation is too unstable to use or has performance issues. Depending on your specific hardware you can possibly fix this by updating your operating system and / or graphics drivers. Some graphics cards are completely blacklisted, and will not work even with software updates.

If you are experiencing number 2 you can force chrome to ignore the graphics card blacklist, but this can have undesired effects depending on why it was blacklisted. WebGL may still not work, might be buggy or cause other GPU related issues.

If you are not comfortable with trying this then please just try construct 3 on a different computer / mobile device. We support any device with chrome 57 and webGL support.

To disable the GPU blacklist go to chrome://flags, scroll to Override software rendering list and press enable. It should be the first on the list.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Nepeo wrote:If you are getting the message "Oops! WebGL is not supported" this means that webGL has been disabled in your version of chrome. There are 2 possible causes for this:

1. WebGL has crashed in chrome this is not the same as the tab crashing There will be a strip below the address bar saying WebGL has crashed with a reload button, you MUST click the reload button. Pressing refresh will not restart WebGL until it reload has been pressed. Closing and reopening Chrome may also restart WebGL.

2. Your computer has matched a blacklist for WebGL support in Chrome. Normally this is because your computers OpenGL implementation is too unstable to use or has performance issues. Depending on your specific hardware you can possibly fix this by updating your operating system and / or graphics drivers. Some graphics cards are completely blacklisted, and will not work even with software updates.

If you are experiencing number 2 you can force chrome to ignore the graphics card blacklist, but this can have undesired effects depending on why it was blacklisted. WebGL may still not work, might be buggy or cause other GPU related issues.

If you are not comfortable with trying this then please just try construct 3 on a different computer / mobile device. We support any device with chrome 57 and webGL support.

To disable the GPU blacklist go to chrome://flags, scroll to Override software rendering list and press enable. It should be the first on the list.

This is why I asked Ashley and Tom for specific system requirements before the beta and if people have to hack their system to get C3 to run they could run into warranty problems.

Scirra needs to give us specific system requirements and if this is a problem with the online version it will be even more of a problem with a desktop version that could cause major system crashes and shut down graphic cards requiring rebooting and finding drivers.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 pm

lamar wrote:
Nepeo wrote:If you are getting the message "Oops! WebGL is not supported" this means that webGL has been disabled in your version of chrome. There are 2 possible causes for this:

This is why I asked Ashley and Tom for specific system requirements before the beta and if people have to hack their system to get C3 to run they could run into warranty problems.

Scirra needs to give us specific system requirements and if this is a problem with the online version it will be even more of a problem with a desktop version that could cause major system crashes and shut down graphic cards requiring rebooting and finding drivers.

Modifying the flags on chrome will not void your warranty, as you are not modifying your PC you are changing a setting on chrome. Additionally most venders do not offer any "warranty" on software, only hardware faults.

The system requirements are

...any device with chrome 57 and webGL support

performance will vary but we set no hard limits. The desktop version will have exactly the same limitations. If your graphics card has a buggy OpenGL implementation then you will experience the same bugs in any application that uses OpenGL, browser or native.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:05 pm

Nepeo wrote:
lamar wrote:

Modifying the flags on chrome will not void your warranty, as you are not modifying your PC you are changing a setting on chrome. Additionally most venders do not offer any "warranty" on software, only hardware faults.

The system requirements are

...any device with chrome 57 and webGL support

performance will vary but we set no hard limits. The desktop version will have exactly the same limitations. If your graphics card has a buggy OpenGL implementation then you will experience the same bugs in any application that uses OpenGL, browser or native.

Are you saying modifying webGL flags can not crash a computer graphics card causing hardware issues requiring a full reboot and finding drivers that may no longer exist or be available?

Most software is warranted with specific system requirements posted and if it doesn't work on a system that is cause for a full refund.

I have already discussed this with Ashley and Tom.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:34 pm

The company that provided your computer hardware (e.g. dell) will not cover software issues under their warranty and chrome doesn't have a warranty to void. You may cause your computer to crash by modifying chrome settings, but your mileage will vary. This is not a recommended option, merely a work around for hardware that chrome doesn't fully support.
Scirra Employee
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Closed Bugs