Oops! WebGL is not supported. ???

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 pm

Nepeo wrote:The company that provided your computer hardware (e.g. dell) will not cover software issues under their warranty and chrome doesn't have a warranty to void. You may cause your computer to crash by modifying chrome settings, but your mileage will vary. This is not a recommended option, merely a work around for hardware that chrome doesn't fully support.

"This is not a recommended option, merely a work around for hardware that chrome doesn't fully support."

It isn't chrome suggesting that work around it is you and apparently Scirra and that raises serious concerns with me.

What you are recommending as a work around can crash a computer graphics card requiring a full reboot and reinstalling drivers that may or may not be available.

You "You can force chrome to enable webGL, but this may cause crashes / general instability. So it's a little risky.

The flag you want is "Override software rendering list", it's at the top of chrome://flags"

"To disable the GPU blacklist go to chrome://flags, scroll to Override software rendering list and press enable. It should be the first on the list."

@Fremachuca "So basically what you are saying is that I will have to "hack" my computer to try to get the new version of construct running?"

If C3 won't run on a system with a certain graphics card then you should state that in the system requirements instead of recommending a hack to WebGL that could potentially crash computer hardware.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:37 pm

@part12studios Yes my friend. I tried all those nothing has worked but @Nepeo enabling Override software rendering at chrome://flags has fixed the issue.

Thanks alot. :D
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Based on @Kyatric 's suggestion, I'll post my solution here. The following fixed this error for me, but it doesn't seem to work with older Intel chipsets (please note, that this is a copied text from an other discussion):

"I had the same problem on my notebook. Chrome said only software rendering is enabled under chrome://gpu/ . I managed to solve it by turning on the #ignore-gpu-blacklist flag under chrome://flags/ .

Ashley I'm not sure you can do anything about this problem, but some solution is required for users who have their GPUs blacklisted (like it seems I had my i3-3110M's integrated GPU). Maybe a list of the steps they'd need to make in order to enable that flag on the "Oops! WebGL is not supported." page."

Edit: Now I see the others have posted this solution as well. Then I just add this: Enabling the flag mentioned above did not make my Chrome unstable. I managed to make a simple game without crashes.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:24 pm

@lamar: The system requirement is: webGL to be supported.
If your hardware has faulty drivers and browser vendors did blacklist your hardware, your hardware does not support webGL, simple as that.

The problem of webGL support, faulty drivers and blacklisted GPU has already been addressed as far back as 2012.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm having pretty much the same issues.
I've read all the comments, so this is probably (very LIKELY) an issue with my computer/GPU. I already plan on buying a better laptop in the future anyway, so I won't mind upgrading to be able to use C3. However, if there's a detail I overlooked or something specific I can amend on my laptop, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

COMPUTER
Acer Aspire 5349
Windows 10 Home OS
Intel Celeron CPU B800 @ 1.5GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit OS, x64-based processor
(No dedicated graphics processor.)
Chrome Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit)

All previously discussed flags have been enabled and the problem still persists.

MOBILE
Google Pixel (Android version 7.1.1 with security patch level: March 5, 2017)
Chrome app version 56
I'm seeking Narnia. Who wants to come with me! Aslan is on the move!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Rhindon wrote:I'm having pretty much the same issues.
I've read all the comments, so this is probably (very LIKELY) an issue with my computer/GPU. I already plan on buying a better laptop in the future anyway, so I won't mind upgrading to be able to use C3. However, if there's a detail I overlooked or something specific I can amend on my laptop, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

COMPUTER
Acer Aspire 5349
Windows 10 Home OS
Intel Celeron CPU B800 @ 1.5GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit OS, x64-based processor
(No dedicated graphics processor.)
Chrome Version 57.0.2987.110 (64-bit)

All previously discussed flags have been enabled and the problem still persists.

MOBILE
Google Pixel (Android version 7.1.1 with security patch level: March 5, 2017)
Chrome app version 56

Hmm the only idea which really occurs is to double check everything is up to date.

I believe this is the correct graphics driver for your processor https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=B800
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:20 pm

Closing as won't fix. According to webglstats.com, only around 4% of devices globally are affected. Additionally on Windows (possibly other platforms, not sure) Chrome is able to use software rendering if WebGL is not supported by the driver. So this ought to only affect a minority of devices which are old or have out-of-date graphics drivers on certain OSs.

There's not much we can do about this - the Layout View renders with WebGL, so it's pretty essential - and if the browser refuses to support WebGL then it simply can't support Construct 3. If you see this message, your options are pretty much what the error message tells you:

- try updating the OS
- try updating your graphics drivers
- try using a newer device

Alternatively you can try overriding the software rendering list in chrome://flags, but that may not work and could be unstable due to unreliable graphics drivers.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:24 pm

@Nepeo ... Since I'm using Windows 10, will the fact that the top two drivers listed related to "B800" still be effective since they're listed as being made for up to Windows 8?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

(While I wait for a reply...) Well...I went ahead and installed it anyway since the ReadMe notes state it's good for Windows 8 up to the time it was released...

(EDIT) And...it didn't work. It said my computer didn't meet the minimum specifications.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 am

Rhindon wrote:(While I wait for a reply...) Well...I went ahead and installed it anyway since the ReadMe notes state it's good for Windows 8 up to the time it was released...

(EDIT) And...it didn't work. It said my computer didn't meet the minimum specifications.

Sorry, been a little busy with bug fixes! Hmm didn't notice the drivers only had 8.1 support. I believe intel has a tool which auto detects hardware and tries to provide drivers updates, might be worth trying that instead, if that doesn't work then I can't really think of anything else to suggest.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Previous

Return to Closed Bugs