Open letter to the Construct community

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 am

Awesome stuff! It's great to hear work has already been started! :D Any rough estimation how long it would take C2 to be complete enough to make full games? A year or two perhaps?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 am

I really hope you keep feature parity. Every feature that is not a 3rd party plugin should exist in C2. Everything from mesh distortion, shaders, behaviors, etc. If it is exists in a clean install of C1 it should be in C2 in some form.

That's the only part that would be truly frustrating, is finding out a key feature from C1 is missing and waiting on someone else to add it in.

Anyways, best of luck. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 am

Fantastic! C1 is my favorite Game Creation Platform, and C2 sounds like its going to be ground breaking!

I've always wanted to create a retail game with construct (Mainly to help my family and such), and I was wondering if purchasing C2 will allow you to sell/publish your work?

Can't wait to see it!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:10 am

Yeah I'm hoping most of the features from C1 will remain.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 am

I wouldn't speculate too much about exactly what would get in C2 atm. I'm pretty sure they'll want to keep all the functionality that 0.X has, but it might not be exactly the same just because of that. Which given that C2 and 0.X will be incompatible, is perfectly fine.

[quote="Phobos002":2cvmdt0m]... I was wondering if purchasing C2 will allow you to sell/publish your work?[/quote:2cvmdt0m]
You can already do that with 0.X, for free. Check out the sticky in the Discussion forum.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 am

What about people who were planning big games in Construct but weren't too far along? Should they continue it in 0.x or what? I'm also wondering if 0.x will really get bug fixes when needed and for how long.

One more thing, how difficult do you predict porting our events to C2 would be? I'm sure no one wants their events to all feel like a waste when C2 comes out. Will most of the event sheet system use the same mechanics and actions/conditions/expressions etc?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":3e8hsdxd]What about people who were planning big games in Construct but weren't too far along? Should they continue it in 0.x or what? I'm also wondering if 0.x will really get bug fixes when needed and for how long.[/quote:3e8hsdxd]

I would imagine that would depend on community involvement from this point on.

[quote:3e8hsdxd]One more thing, how difficult do you predict porting our events to C2 would be? I'm sure no one wants their events to all feel like a waste when C2 comes out. Will most of the event sheet system use the same mechanics and actions/conditions/expressions etc?[/quote:3e8hsdxd]

Yes the same ACE setup is being used in C2. And I think the event sheets actually look a bit nicer, so far...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:30 am

Awesome! :D really happy to know that the work has started
Keep it up!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:28 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":2zbiq12q]What about people who were planning big games in Construct but weren't too far along? Should they continue it in 0.x or what? I'm also wondering if 0.x will really get bug fixes when needed and for how long.[/quote:2zbiq12q]
I'm wondering about that too, I could probably just work on art assets for a year or two.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 am

Great! Been waiting for this only thing I hope is that the development goes in a steady way with small but frequent updates.

(BTW teh new captcha thing hates me or at least school pcs)

EDIT
Hmmh lets just hope that it will have most of the basic features in early stages already. 3d stuff can kiss my ass it's not that uber useful anyways (tech demos mostly)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion