Open Pandora

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:00 pm

I just made my order...

[url:x6cnuurp]http://openpandora.org/[/url:x6cnuurp]

I hope Construct gets Linux support someday.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:05 pm

[quote="neverk":22fbte72]
I hope Construct gets Linux support someday.[/quote:22fbte72]
We have a saying in Poland "Hope is the mother of fools"
If linux will have DirectX support (legally) then maybe someone will port it, the source is available for anyone so there is a chance of porting.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:17 pm

What's with that site? I can't find anywhere a description of what OpenPandora actually is, but I can deduce it from the tech specs and photos...

Linux support is a frequently asked question, and the short answer is: in the distant future, maybe, or when we get more developers than three part-time volunteers.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:56 pm

The interest in these things is enormous. Every site I go to people are slavering over them. I hear the devkits for the Pandora have sold out completely already.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 am

LOL my MSI Wind whoops the shit out of that piece of crap... the thing's hardware is so far outdated already, and it's over priced to the maximum (for what it is). My Wind cost me LESS than that thing... and I can run higher resolution, 80gb storage, WiFi, graphics accelerator, Linux or windows....etc.etc. And it's not that much larger in size...

Sorry but those Pandora things are a massive useless gimmick. I can't see many games coming out for it in all honesty, and it will die in the arse in about 12-18 months time unless the homebrewers pick up the slack... but that's only cool if you like playing anime H-games about masturbation, or the 600th version of nude Tetris.

Good idea, but WAAAAY badly executed.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 am

Im only sad that they canned the old GP2X F200 to make it =(
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 am

[quote="SoldjahBoy":2mwsroo2]LOL my MSI Wind whoops the s**t out of that piece of crap... the thing's hardware is so far outdated already, and it's over priced to the maximum (for what it is). My Wind cost me LESS than that thing... and I can run higher resolution, 80gb storage, WiFi, graphics accelerator, Linux or windows....etc.etc. And it's not that much larger in size...

Sorry but those Pandora things are a massive useless gimmick. I can't see many games coming out for it in all honesty, and it will die in the arse in about 12-18 months time unless the homebrewers pick up the slack... but that's only cool if you like playing anime H-games about masturbation, or the 600th version of nude Tetris.

~Sol[/quote:2mwsroo2]

That was so funny... and sad at the same time. You must be very resentful because of your "small" laptop that isn't so small :twisted: . I think that Pandora doesn't suppose to compete with netbooks but more likely with PMP's, handheld gaming devices, handheld computers and so on. So Wind isn't the best product to compare to ...and there is a huge size difference.

[url:2mwsroo2]http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_comparison/18356-MSI-Wind-vs-Pandora[/url:2mwsroo2]

The battery in Pandora lasts for more than 10hours when netbooks with 3cell batteries lasts about 2hours.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:34 pm

[quote="neverk":12x08rhp][quote="SoldjahBoy":12x08rhp]LOL my MSI Wind whoops the s**t out of that piece of crap... the thing's hardware is so far outdated already, and it's over priced to the maximum (for what it is). My Wind cost me LESS than that thing... and I can run higher resolution, 80gb storage, WiFi, graphics accelerator, Linux or windows....etc.etc. And it's not that much larger in size...

~Sol[/quote:12x08rhp]

That was so funny... and sad at the same time. You must be very resentful because of your "small" laptop that isn't so small :twisted: . I think that Pandora doesn't suppose to compete with netbooks but more likely with PMP's, handheld gaming devices, handheld computers and so on. So Wind isn't the best product to compare to ...and there is a huge size difference.

[url:12x08rhp]http://www.sizeasy.com/page/size_comparison/18356-MSI-Wind-vs-Pandora[/url:12x08rhp]

The battery in Pandora lasts for more than 10hours when netbooks with 3cell batteries lasts about 2hours.[/quote:12x08rhp]

Yeah I guess it's aimed at a different audience really... I mean, it's got some cool features, but what I was trying to say is... I'd rather my Wind than that thing. I have so many gaming consoles and crap already I don't need another one... especially one that hasn't got any firm developers locked in.

Besides, the wind isn't very big or heavy at all, and I have a 6 cell battery, not the 3 cell one... it lasts about 4 hours depending if I am using WiFi and have the screen set to full brightness etc.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Considering the fact that my PSP is sitting on a shelf collecting dust, and has been for the past eight months at least, yeah... I guess I'm just not a big fan of handheld gaming. When I'm at home I have consoles and my computer, and when I'm out, I just enjoy being out. Even if it's something like taking the train downtown, I'd rather just look out the window than play a game.

I think all the fancy gadgets and gizmos are neat, and the techy nerd in me covets them, but in reality if I got a Pandora then after a month it would just sit there doing nothing as well.

The only gizmo I think I would actually get any use out of is an iPhone, because it's, you know... a phone. Plus it would be kinda neat to learn Unity and make games for it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:00 pm

hey! i ordered one myself! :D

it's a fantastic handheld-PC, basically. (with gaming controls) I look forward to the shipping date.
B
G

Next

Return to Open Topic