Open Recent Project sees Google Drive Bin

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • If I work on a game and save to cloud.

Then the delete c3p file from Drive from whatever folder

Then open Construct 3 and select the recent project (which should be deleted) .

Construct 3 will still open the deleted file no problems

clearly it is finding it in the Google Drive Bin

this is kinda not good and could cause all sorts of issues.

the Bin should be off limits for "open recent projects" ,

(the regular cloud open Project window does not seems to be able to look in the bin)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm yeah it's a bit of an odd case. We store a list of file ID values for the cloud project locally for the recent projects list, so until you try to actually open the file we don't contact Google Drive to see if it's there. Deleted files are exactly the same as normal files in Google Drive, except they have a label saying "trashed = true", so I guess it allows you to open the file if you still have the ID.

• Hmm yeah it's a bit of an odd case. We store a list of file ID values for the cloud project locally for the recent projects list, so until you try to actually open the file we don't contact Google Drive to see if it's there. Deleted files are exactly the same as normal files in Google Drive, except they have a label saying "trashed = true", so I guess it allows you to open the file if you still have the ID.

Nepeo

Ok, so if the file has a "trashed" tag when you try to open it

then dont let C3 open it it and instead display a message

"sorry this file is no longer available"

or "this file has been deleted from your drive, would you like to recover it?"

or something like that.

This is very important as there is nothing worse than wasting hours blindly working on an out of date game file.

Yes I have done this a few times it is not fun especially as it usualy takes a day or two to realize

Cheers

• I'm going to add an extra check (only for google drive) before opening a project from recent projects. It would be better to have it before the recent project list is shown, but that would result in showing the google login page on start up for no obvious reason.

This will result in either an extra network request to see if this file has the "trashed" flag set, or if the cloud metadata cache exists it will check against that (it won't exist if the editor has just started).

Also I'll try to update the recent projects data when a project is deleted in C3, which should reduce the case where this has an impact anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)