[Open Source]Isometric Engine.

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

[QUOTE=cherbert]
You can't just invent your own terminology. [/QUOTE]

actually , he can :)

It might be a bit much to call it an actual isometric engine, but it has an isometric view, granted not the prettiest (thats just graphics), but he has isometric jumping down on objects with heights differences .... if that doesnt resemble isometric ... lol, then Im a frisbee ...

Isometric view does not mean it has to have actual isometric tiling.

General isometric approach is an angluar top down view with characters and objects having aproximately a 57 degrees offfset in a top down viewing angle.

A platform like game, without the platform behaviours .... is still a platform game, right ?

@komalrajsingh

Great job and nice of you to share :)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Replace graphics the boxes to iso boxes and edit direction movement for player, it's isometric after all, think before you judge, this is useful example!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Bottom most right, i'm sorry it's an oblique projection. I didn't remember the term so I called it isometric as the engine can be used for isometric game aswell. If I offended you in anyway, I'm really sorry.

@KaMiZoTo: First, I love your game CoinOp story. I've been playing it at work and i'm loving it. I myself plan to make a game as polished as yours and you're welcome. :)

@sheepy: You're welcome.. :)

@danialgoodwin: No problem, that's what community is for. For sharing and helping each other out.

@lennaert: thanks.. :)

@Joannesalfa: Thanks.

I hope this engine grows beyond what I've done. As, i'm not the best programmer, even with drag and drop. Hope people take this as a stepping stone and make their own engine and then share it.komalrajsingh2014-02-04 13:41:18
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:30 pm

After seeing the example, its a really really clever way of doing isoblique-whatever ;D
Would you do an example with iso perspective like diablo, if youre able? ^^
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Reminds me of Q-Bert ;o)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:20 pm

@sheepy: Sorry, for replying so late. I think you do it easily. The diablo type collision. You just have to change the collision shape to what you want. If you still can't do it, let me know.

Btw, I love you pixel avatar.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Hello komalrajsingh,

This is exactly the kind of oblique isometric engine I was looking for. :D I tried out an isometric engine before that was more like axonometric, but it made my game look too FF-Tactics-y for me. Thank you very much!
B

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 pm

nice !
B
S

Previous

Return to Completed Creations