Opera Developer 29.0 sounds not working

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Problem Description
This time with other browsers (recent versions which I installed and after the test uninstalled again) tested

I tried the audio effects example of scirra as preview in Opera Developer 29. Clicking on a sfx will start it once and once it's over, no other sounds will be heard again, ever. If I spam click after the first initial click, it will start the sound multiple times, but all the sounds playing will cut off, once the initial sound has finished playing.

Attach a Capx
it is in the scirra examples folder

Description of Capx
In part it is supposed to start sounds by clicking on buttons.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • browser: Opera Developer 29.0
  • keep clicking on sfx buttons

Observed Result
sounds will cut off after initial first sound effect has finished playing

Expected Result
sounds continue to work

Affected Browsers
  • Chrome: no
  • FireFox: no
  • Internet Explorer: no
  • Opera developer 29.0: yes

Operating System and Service Pack
Win 7 Home 64bit, fully updated

Construct 2 Version ID
r198
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 pm

I can reproduce, but there are no errors reported by Opera so it appears to be a browser bug in Opera itself. It works fine in Chrome. Opera Developer is also pre-release software so may be subject to issues that don't occur in the main release channel. I'd recommend reporting this issue to Opera instead.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:07 pm

Yeah thought so, but hoped you might have an idea. Will report it to Opera when it persists within the next update of Opera Dev. Thanks.
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs