Option to make the game runs in background

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
40 ambient sound loops. A wide selection of looping ambient sounds for different locations.
  • Hello!

I've read a lot of topics about the fact that the game pause when the tab is not active. I understand completely the purpose of this but I think it might be good to have the choice to activate this function or not..

Because in my case, I have got a castle defense type game, where the player can build things to protect his castle from enemy waves. But it's like a long/idle kind game. So if the player open the game in a tab, he might wants to switch to other tab while the game is running. I'm using the timeAway plugin already to control the countdowns of the buildings when the game is off.

But what about the enemy kills and movements? If the player leaves and comes back to the tab in few seconds, he can easily notice that the game didn't move during this time... And trying to calculate what happened can be very very painful..

Anyway. Can we have, at least, the option to pause the game or not when the tab is not active?

Thank you

• Hi!

You can set this in the project settings under the "Pause on unfocus" section.

• I tried this but this option it's only working in Preview mode, and it's about when you click outside of your web browser, not about the tabs... :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tough situation. You'd need to simulate all of that when player returns to the game, give a moment to process everything that happened ( which would be generated with event's when player returns to the game ) and show some sort of loading/processing bar. I suspect it will only last up to several seconds.

• I tried this but this option it's only working in Preview mode, and it's about when you click outside of your web browser, not about the tabs... :/

I just checked the manual. Sorry, my mistake.

• As the manual says, and Ashley has often stated, this isn't supported.

• Edited: ehm i might be confusing things...i got old lately.. meant exactly that Pause on Unfocus. but then u saying it doesn't work so then there is no point of me replying i guess i misunderstood ur post... sorry

• Thank you for your answers

Yeah probably it's a limit of this technology...

: I don't understand exactly what you mean by "deselect pause when outside layout option in the c2 settings"

I find nothing about that in the settings. Only the Pause on Unfocus.

• Try this plugin if the app only run at pc.

• Thank you so much Rex! This works perfectly !

I 'm already using some of your plugins, they are very great ! I didn't know this one.

• See this Background mode plugin if you want to run app in background on mobile app.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)