Optional editor icon colors?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:46 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] I thought the multicolor tabs was a nice touch, because if for example you want to select the "LevelWonE" tab you can just look for the yellow one, rather than having to read a bunch of grey tabs. On the other hand, perhaps it would be clearer to have just two colors, one for layouts and another for event sheets? [/QUOTE]

I like the multi-coloured tabs and find it makes it easier and faster to find what I'm looking for. Only having two colours would cause more "where was this again ..." scanning of the bar of the tabs. Perhaps this could be an option, so people can pick the approach they like better?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Distinguishing open layouts from event sheets always pauses workflow for a second. Two color solution or normal vs italic fonts would help a bit.

Let a user choose colors would be ideal.

Before new icons, separating built in plugins and behaviors from custom lacked clearance. I still think it should be separated by notices in description, by icon background or by different icon placing.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General