Options Game Kit (Game Templates)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Options Game Kit — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/options-game-kit-3693

<p>Options Game Kit is a comprehensive options/settings menu with savable data that you can easily add to your own game.</p><h3>Features</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Window Scaling (1x-4x)
    • Display Modes (Windowed or FullScreen)
    • Music Volume Adjustment (0-100)
    • SFX Volume Adjustment (0-100)
    • Keyboard Configuration
    • Gamepad Configuration
    • Save Data
    • GUI with key names, gamepad button icons, and adjustable menus

<h3>Notes</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Clean and organized project structure
    • No 3rd party addons

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Options Game Kit

• Hi Tokinsom Awesome template just purchased! Just a few problems I have The fullscreen and window doesent work and setting the controlls doesent work i dont get what the "attack key" is. Please help me I believe I have sent you an email aswell.

• Hey Just purchased!

I'm looking to retrofit this to my current game. I have 2 questions:

• How do I link this up with my current controls?
    • How would I go about adding an additional control to the list?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi bclikesyou I was wondering this aswell but I dont think thats what they are for I think they are just the controls for the menu

• Hi bclikesyou I was wondering this aswell but I dont think thats what they are for I think they are just the controls for the menu

Yeah I've got that sense as well which is a bummer.

• bclikesyou Yeah I was dissapointed to and its going to be hard to map them all to variables with the given code.

• Hey Just purchased!

I'm looking to retrofit this to my current game. I have 2 questions:

• How do I link this up with my current controls?
    • How would I go about adding an additional control to the list?

Thanks!

1) This kit consolidates gamepad and keyboard inputs so that you don't have to use conditions for both and have a bunch of duplicate code. They are not limited to this kit at all, and the consolidation is completely optional.

So instead of...

+Keycode "Right" is down :  Action
    or
    +Gamepad Button "Right" is Down : Action[/code:scelrlop]

You can simply do...

[code:scelrlop]Data.Input Key "I_Right" is 2 : Action[/code:scelrlop] 

...which checks for both keyboard and gamepad inputs in a single condition. 1 is pressed, 2 is down, 0 is released.

As for adding new inputs...
    1) Go to events 18 and 19 and add "K_NewInput" and "G_NewInput" to those action lists, along with default keycodes (you can google which key is what)
    2) Go to event 105 and add new gamepad buttons if necessary. Currently there are 15 gamepad inputs to set the button icon to so the next one will be 16 and so on (look at the parameters in the action)
    3) Go to event 152 (the "Inputs" group) and copy paste a block and modify it as needed to consolidate the new input.

Again, the input consolidation is completely optional. I just prefer to do it this way to prevent duplicate code, but it can be a bit complicated to grasp at first.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)