origin problem

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here and can't wait to get stuck in. I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this problem i'm having...

Most of the things i've tried with Construct 2 have worked like a charm and I love the software but with the main 0,0 origin position at the top left I'm getting into some bother. I'm trying to create a line graph and at the moment it is quite simply a particle emitter which is spraying a straight red line. All I need it to get the object to move up or down depending on the score that players achieve. In the past this has been a simple case of dividing the score with the height of the table but because point 0 is at the top and point 720 (my page height) is at the bottom then as the score goes down, the line goes up!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tackle this? Perhaps there is a mathematical solution or a way to invert the origin point of the project? The scores in the game start at 100,000 and go down to 0.

Fingers crossed guys :)
B

Post » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:11 pm

First of all, why are you using a particle emitter? Why not just stretch a rectangle?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 pm

[QUOTE=sqiddster] First of all, why are you using a particle emitter? Why not just stretch a rectangle?[/QUOTE]

The line graph dynamically changes alongside the amount of money the player has so the particle emitter is doing a great job. Im all ears if you have a suggestion with rectangles but my problem is just simply how to change the Y position of the emitter object in relation to the money score so it draws the graph as we play.

By The Way Seriously Loving AirScape :)
blacksuitfilms2012-10-09 18:24:45
B

Post » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Nobody have any ideas? I'm finding this very difficult.
B

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:06 am

"Score * -1"? This turns a negative number positive, and a positive number negative.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 am

Thank you very much, that totally slipped my mind. Not great at maths but game design is forcing me to get better :) Is there anything I can do on these forums so people know I got the answer?
B

Return to How do I....?