Original idea in this thread...

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Call it unrealistic to not expect flamewars on the internet, but it's still no excuse to have them in the first place. That download has now well and truly descended from talking about the download to senseless arguing over two programs.

One week bans for anyone else who comments on the download. You have a half an hour grace period to read this message.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:20 pm

[quote="Ashley":1jm58prn]Call it unrealistic to not expect flamewars on the internet, but it's still no excuse to have them in the first place. That download has now well and truly descended from talking about the download to senseless arguing over two programs.

One week bans for anyone else who comments on the download. You have a half an hour grace period to read this message.[/quote:1jm58prn]
As you can see, 20 minutes ago, I stopped it :)

I probably would keeped it going you wouldn't asked, because these things are pretty ordinary. There are no worries, it's just talking over the internet.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 pm

I know. I program and give away Construct for free. All I ask is that you don't get in to flame wars in the first place that indirectly damage the reputation of what I otherwise consider to be an excellent program and community.

Too much to ask?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:34 pm

[quote="Ashley":rgmpn1km]I know. I program and give away Construct for free. All I ask is that you don't get in to flame wars in the first place that indirectly damage the reputation of what I otherwise consider to be an excellent program and community.

Too much to ask?[/quote:rgmpn1km]

Of course not.

Hopefully I made the deadline. I posted my last comment before I noticed your warning.

It wasn't anything particularly flamey, though.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:36 pm

[quote="Ashley":2fwxcovn]I know. I program and give away Construct for free. All I ask is that you don't get in to flame wars in the first place that indirectly damage the reputation of what I otherwise consider to be an excellent program and community.

Too much to ask?[/quote:2fwxcovn]

Nope, and I didn't flame. Flame = insulting each other
I just talked much polite as possible and explained my points.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:54 am

Well, MMF and Construct are both tools toward the same means. It's like when my brother argues over Ford versus Chevy. My car goes, and so long as I can afford it and know how to fix it, I'm good.

*Raises hand* I myself am a Multimedia Fusion convert. Sure Construct is still early, EARLY early beta, but it's a project I'm willing to invest my time in. I feel that I am somehow part of its development, and right now that's more interesting than MMF, where I'm just an end user to an already established product.

Besides, if it really came down to the open-source argument (which I find to be entirely arbitrary) I'm sure there's a donate button well within reach with which I can vote with my wallet. Clickteam has a good chunk of my change already for MMF1 - and considering the lack of support I received on numerous occasions from CT and their community, perhaps the money I would have spent upgrading to 2.0 will be better applied to the development of a project I can actively participate in.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:33 am

Wow... I forgot that I had a TDC account from a while back... I only ever submitted an all-purpose level editor, and clickteam didn't fix the active picture memory management like I suggested so I ended up scrapping it...

If you want to support Construct, you simply build momentum (awesome games/demos) and show them all off at the 1.0 release party...

Since our community here seems so enthusiastic and active, you guys think its time we start an IRC channel?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:39 am

Howdy folks:) Just wanted to share my point of view on all of this. First i removed all of the out-of-topic comments on the ghosthunter download page. Arguing between mmf and construct is really silly if you think about it. Since all we are here for is to make cool games.

The tools we are using be it may a clickteam product, construct, flash or c++ should not make a difference at all in my opinion. Now for the demo that was uploaded, i see why some people go on and jump in defence mode since it looks and plays like a simmilar demo that was made for construct but the idea behind this was to show what mmf2 can do now, it is even open source so people can see how it was made, that in my opinion is the difference. If this was a demo for a game that was in the making or if it was not open source that would have been a different story as it is now however i think everyone should just see this as a technical open source demo.

That's all, i do not see any reason why our 2 communties can't help eachother and share our creativity. Instead of fighting lets work together.

Have a good night folks,

Rikus
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:59 am

[quote="Rikus":ky3kxl10]Howdy folks:) Just wanted to share my point of view on all of this. First i removed all of the out-of-topic comments on the ghosthunter download page. Arguing between mmf and construct is really silly if you think about it. Since all we are here for is to make cool games.

The tools we are using be it may a clickteam product, construct, flash or c++ should not make a difference at all in my opinion. Now for the demo that was uploaded, i see why some people go on and jump in defence mode since it looks and plays like a simmilar demo that was made for construct but the idea behind this was to show what mmf2 can do now, it is even open source so people can see how it was made, that in my opinion is the difference. If this was a demo for a game that was in the making or if it was not open source that would have been a different story as it is now hpwever i think everyone should just see this as a technical open source demo.

That's all, i do not see any reason why our 2 communties can't help eachother and share our creativity. Instead of fighting lets work together.

Have a good night folks,

Rikus[/quote:ky3kxl10]
I figure I'll poke my head in at this point and say 'I agree'.

I also noticed the very apparent similarities between this tech demo and the one for Construct. The fact still remains, however, that it is a tech demo, and is not intended to be a full fledged game at all.

The bickering that has emerged over the two I do not feel is necessary in the slightest, and I cannot see it achieving anything other than potential division between two communities that have the same goal; to create games.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:04 am

It's like, totally beside the point but the Ghost Shooter demo for Construct is open source. It comes as a template with Construct. Just sayin'.

Also:

[quote="Rikus":syci7sbe]
That's all, i do not see any reason why our 2 communties can't help eachother and share our creativity. Instead of fighting lets work together.[/quote:syci7sbe]

Thanks for stopping by to tell us this. I totally agree. But perhaps you could mention it to your own forum members as well.

Have a good night,

deadeye
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion