Original idea in this thread...

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:38 pm

It's like the whole YouTube thing... for a long while you could just post whatever you wanted as long as it didn't contain nudity. YouTube was pretty much of the stance that the users were responsible for what they uploaded, whether it was copyrighted or not didn't interest them.

It seems like TDC and CT are of the same sort of mindset here. They're hiding behind the fact that it was a user who made this. I know it hasn't been stated explicitly, it just seems that way to me. I'm not saying it has to be taken down, because it is a "good example of what MMF HWA can do" or whatever, but an addendum or disclaimer explaining where the idea came from is in order, I think.

There are legitimate gripes to be had here. "Let's not fight" is one thing, but "You don't fight and we'll keep doing what we're doing" is completely something else. Why censor the gripes, Rikus, and not bother addressing the issue on your own site? (On a related note, few people late to the party have posted some Construct comments since you deleted them, you might want to get on that :roll: )

And Ashley, I wouldn't get on Snakesoft for posting there, I don't think he's seen this thread yet.

Edit: I just realized that Sphax used the exact term "other product" when commenting about Construct... Hmm... Smells of CT bull**** to me (see Dines' edited post, more examples on page 2). I could just be reading into things though.

Edit by Ashley: Language (when am I gonna put a filter in?)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:33 pm

I don't think any of us are in a position to advise Rikus on how to run his site - he is absolutely right in that we should be concentrating on what games we're making.

The reason Clickteam should retract their endorsement of that demo (ie. take it off the front page) is not because of the 'wrongdoing' (nothing in actual fact has been done wrong, just poor ethics) - it's that endorsing it completely unweaves their whole argument when they were making legal threats against me. From now on, if anyone asks me about the legal threats, I can (and will) just say it was a blatant frivolous baseless threat, because they don't even play by their own rules, and I shall direct them to compare those silly little tech demos for themselves. So for them, they'd be stupid not to! If they leave it up, fine by me :)

This has nothing to do with the Daily Click or their policies.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:34 pm

[quote="SimonChed":yu1p6agg]They? As far as I know it was made by one person? :P[/quote:yu1p6agg]

Minor point, but it does list 3 people under "credits."

MMF 2 should be looked at as beta too, since the HWA update is most comparable, and is still unfinished.

:roll:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Ghost Hunter becomes a genre of classic game design. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 pm

They should be sued! Its the same name! XDDDD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh doppel ...

Nobody said shooting ghosts was the issue ... ;)

B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Until now i've used both mmf and construct, and i've liked and used both communitys. This showed me who's the bad guys. The whole thing sickens me!

And SPHAX!!! It would be something else if someone else just made it for fun!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:25 am

Well let's face it, the "original" scirra ghost hunter demo isn't exactly an original concept, its been done loads of times before in games... and Clickteam did not make this demo. Sphax did- one person, on his own with the help of a graphics dude.
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 am

[quote="SimonChed":18l6u2lt]Well let's face it, the "original" scirra ghost hunter demo isn't exactly an original concept, its been done loads of times before in games... and Clickteam did not make this demo. Sphax did- one person, on his own with the help of a graphics dude.[/quote:18l6u2lt]

No, Sphax provided the pixel shaders, another person did the artwork and yet another person made the demo. Sphax submit it to TDC. Read the post again.

And yes, it is a copy of Ashley's demo ... not because of ghosts, shooting, effects ... none of that. It is because it looks almost identical to it.

:shock:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:09 am

Oh well? So they just wanted to say "hey, we can do this too."
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion