Original idea in this thread...

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:15 am

So if I said "Hey, I can do that too", in regards to making a game creation tool, why do I get letters, phonecalls and emails about it?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 am

Probably because MMF is their livelihood XD

But I think the competition will help. It is interesting that Clickteam have posted more updates since Construct's appearance than ever before.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:27 am

[quote="Ashley":241uirs9]So if I said "Hey, I can do that too", in regards to making a game creation tool, why do I get letters, phonecalls and emails about it?[/quote:241uirs9]

Because when Construct is released then other product (censored for the protection of your virgin eyes) might lose money.

$$$ CHA-CHING $$$

[quote="Dines":241uirs9]It is interesting that Clickteam have posted more updates since Construct's appearance than ever before.[/quote:241uirs9]

Hehe, nothing like The Fear to motivate someone.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:30 am

Hmm... i can't really figure it out.. Wait, i got it! They're lousy cowards who's afraid of losing all of their customers. Therefor they try to stop you from creating a better product, and they try to stop your demo from getting attention.

But seriously now. My real theory is... ehm... i can't actually come up with a better theory.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:30 am

^^^ No, that sounds about right.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:43 am

Well, the question was kind of rhetorical.

They obviously don't want their own users to know Construct exists. Actions speak louder than words - would they care enough to edit people's posts if they weren't afraid of Construct? :P

Throwing yet more irony in to this, GameBuilder.info was set up by Clickteam seemingly to list all their competitors' tools (why not throw themselves to the top of the list, too?), perhaps to try to appear even-handed. Except Construct. So it's not as if they're afraid of anyone mentioning any competitor. Just me...

There's a few more rhetoricals for you ;)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:41 am

Hey folks, thanks for the reply's and being so cool with it. One last thing I did make it clear on the ghost hunter page and on the news item for the daily click folks to stop flaming and fighting since this is not the place for it. And it seemed to have worked. Even the raintech demo Ashley posted is getting some good helpful and positive feedback, so thats good, and remember we are totally open in receiving construct games and demo/examples on the dc.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:44 am

[quote="Rikus":1ysfnc1j]Hey folks, thanks for the reply's and being so cool with it. One last thing I did make it clear on the ghost hunter page and on the news item for the daily click folks to stop flaming and fighting since this is not the place for it. And it seemed to have worked. Even the raintech demo Ashley posted is getting some good helpful and positive feedback, so thats good, and remember we are totally open in receiving construct games and demo/examples on the dc.[/quote:1ysfnc1j]

Awesome. I know that fanaticism and brand loyalty on either side can cause conflicts, but as long as it's made clear by the people in charge that there's no reason for conflict, then the mob mentality should calm down.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:05 am

I don't think it's as simple as that. You can't expect people to welcome you straight away because the admins demand it... it won't happen. :wink:
B
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:55 am

hi!, as a member of the DC, i accept completely. im glad to join in. i think this is wonderfully successful piece of software that i hope continues to grow. there are some that are completely "anti-construct" for unknown reasons (you dont have to choose. you can use both. if you choose to buy the one, the other is still FREE, so i don't see the problem everyone is having). there will always be those people tho and you can't avoid it. but don't hate THEM for it. its their god given right to have their opinion. i say be the bigger man and let it go. let bygones be bygones. we can only hope that we can bridge these communities instead of lengthen the gap. but only we as members can accomplish that. and hopefully in a reasonable manner.

-peace
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion