Orl (early alpha test )

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Platform game (early engine alpha test) called ORL. I'm doing it to learn cons ( edit@ with community's as well as with BROO's help : thx! ).

scr@

arrows - movement

space - jump

'T' - boomerang

File

'Orl' Alpha Test

• Good game and a cool boomerang.

The game is simple, and gives a lot of fun.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good game and a cool boomerang.

The game is simple, and gives a lot of fun.

Thanks ^^ nice to read that.

• This is very promising. Good job so far!

I noticed when you hold down the attack key the throwing animation will be played repeatedly. But no boomerang appears.

• Sweet . This is really coming along. Awesome job.

I don't really think the clouds fit in with the rest of the pixel style though. But overall it's pretty slick looking, and plays well.

• New orl alpha engine 2 test

cap http://www.box.net/shared/bg9kx83kkp

altho i will have to suspned this cap ( cons beta die! cons 1.0 live!) couse one of cons bugs is cousing crash everytime i`m trying to edit event sheets. Anyway, start test with RUN ALL.

PS. layout 'LVL1_a2' is holding water behavior for player. you can check it out if you want - run it by RUN LAYOUT.

• New orl alpha engine 2 test

cap http://www.box.net/shared/bg9kx83kkp

altho i will have to suspned this cap ( cons beta die! cons 1.0 live!) couse one of cons bugs is cousing crash everytime i`m trying to edit event sheets. Anyway, start test with RUN ALL.

PS. layout 'LVL1_a2' is holding water behavior for player. you can check it out if you want - run it by RUN LAYOUT.

I couldn't get this new version to work. I don't know why, but every time I try to run it it just chrashes and says that consrtuct has encountered a problem.

• > New orl alpha engine 2 test

>

> cap http://www.box.net/shared/bg9kx83kkp

>

> altho i will have to suspned this cap ( cons beta die! cons 1.0 live!) couse one of cons bugs is cousing crash everytime i`m trying to edit event sheets. Anyway, start test with RUN ALL.

>

> PS. layout 'LVL1_a2' is holding water behavior for player. you can check it out if you want - run it by RUN LAYOUT.

>

I couldn't get this new version to work. I don't know why, but every time I try to run it it just chrashes and says that consrtuct has encountered a problem.

i noticed that ><' it was warking before ... oh. shite

• I can only run the lvl1_a2 layout. Everything else crashes the temp.exe or even Construct itself.

I like the slowed down movement in the water. Nice job!

• I like the slowed down movement in the water. Nice job!

thanks ^^

I have discovered what was wrong. Well not fully but after my reaserch i can say that cons (somehow) has delated all the events from the Layout event sheet.

working cap! http://www.box.net/shared/vz7394sbdd

Run ALL

EDIT@ Features for current version:

-Mushroom Jump

-Vertical and Horisontal Moving Platforms

-Falling Platforms

-More Enemies

-Rundom Clouds

Known bugs:

-Boomerang sometimes dissapear, or stics to main character feets

-Character is shaking while standing on vertical moving platform.

-While walking in left direction + up arrow is pressed you can't jump ( must be cons bug )

PS. i found 1 more bug in system events. i will post it on tracker later.

• Yes, it's working now!

I like the new enemies! Especially the big rabbit which is only vulnerable at its head.

But pls give the smaller rabbit a walking/bouncing animation already.

The mushroom as a jump pad is a very nice touch too!

Also I think moving platforms should be jumpthrough. But maybe you like it better when they're not.

And on a last note: I believe the clouds layer behaves a little strangely. The way it scrolls with the player when you're moving left or when you're jumping doesn't feel right.

• Yes, it's working now!

I like the new enemies! Especially the big rabbit which is only vulnerable at its head.

But pls give the smaller rabbit a walking/bouncing animation already.

The mushroom as a jump pad is a very nice touch too!

Also I think moving platforms should be jumpthrough. But maybe you like it better when they're not.

And on a last note: I believe the clouds layer behaves a little strangely. The way it scrolls with the player when you're moving left or when you're jumping doesn't feel right.

I want to keep small rabits jumping animation silly. Altho thats a bug i recon becouse there is a 1 frame animation for that. got to fix it.

Moving platform can't be jumpthrough yet becous on vertical ones character is falling from them(@ which is another bug, probubly cosed by cons )

With the clouds i dont know realy y is happening like that ^^'

• Cool new enemies . This is shaping up pretty nicely.

A couple of issues... the window is bigger now than on previous versions, yeah? I'm not entirely sure that's necessary. And I now get lag and framedrop on my machine . Could be the level size, could be the enemies, not entirely sure... I could mess with the .cap a bit and let you know what's lagging if you're interested.

• Cool new enemies . This is shaping up pretty nicely.

A couple of issues... the window is bigger now than on previous versions, yeah? I'm not entirely sure that's necessary. And I now get lag and framedrop on my machine . Could be the level size, could be the enemies, not entirely sure... I could mess with the .cap a bit and let you know what's lagging if you're interested.

yea. i noticed around 100fps drop when changing resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. you can change set up and check by yourself. Altho bigger screen suits game better in my opinion,

• Yep, just changing the screen size back to 800x600 improves things dramatically on my end.

Anyway, I've always been a firm believer that 1024x768 is way too big for a windowed game. Sure, a lot of people have big monitors or high-res screens, but not everyone. 1024x768 is fine for fullscreen, but if you're going windowed I wouldn't go any higher than 800x600 or you're going to annoy some people.

And I think the game looks and plays fine at 800x600, the screen size is just about right that way imo. Just my two cents, though, you can do whatever you think is best

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)