Osteya [Now on Steam]

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 am

Image
Description: Osteya - abandoned and forgotten city under ground. With main character - Seed you should collect 4 gold keys and find exit.
On your way will be traps, unfriendly enemies and a lot of secrets.
Images:
Image
Image
Image
Links:
Steam
App Store
Last edited by snake302 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
B
5
S
1
Posts: 16
Reputation: 410

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:21 pm

Looks pretty cool. Nice clean style.
B
15
S
5
G
7
Posts: 876
Reputation: 5,650

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:05 am

Sweet game and style.
B
26
S
1
Posts: 59
Reputation: 1,100

Post » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:45 am

Looks neat! I like the graphics style.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
40
S
17
G
17
Posts: 977
Reputation: 12,626

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:10 am

Are you sure it will work on mobile devices?
Looks like the 1001 spikes game.
B
60
S
10
G
10
Posts: 1,013
Reputation: 9,155

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:44 am

Loving the pixel art style for this. How are you planning on implementing on screen controls for mobile?
B
5
S
2
Posts: 32
Reputation: 493

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:17 am

looks cool! will definitely try. I like artwork.
sleep is only for the weak!
B
91
S
30
G
12
Posts: 139
Reputation: 11,992

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 am

Really beautiful =0
B
17
S
7
Posts: 280
Reputation: 2,522

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:06 am

The game has got a cohesive art style to it.

I'm not sure if you are looking for feedback but I would recommend adding an effect for the player teleport mechanic.
I would also try adding a visual cue of some sort when killing those little critter enemies as well as a player death animation.
B
42
S
23
G
19
Posts: 155
Reputation: 12,977

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:29 am

Thank you all so much!

New video will be soon.

purplemonkey wrote:The game has got a cohesive art style to it.

I'm not sure if you are looking for feedback but I would recommend adding an effect for the player teleport mechanic.
I would also try adding a visual cue of some sort when killing those little critter enemies as well as a player death animation.

On video is not filnal version, teleport effect already done! Visual cue is good idea, I will try!

A0Nasser wrote:Are you sure it will work on mobile devices?
Looks like the 1001 spikes game.

Yes, I use tilemaps. Osteya running on my iPad Air at 60fps without optimisation!

MtnHermit wrote:Loving the pixel art style for this. How are you planning on implementing on screen controls for mobile?

Controls will be like in "Infestor", "League of evil", "random heroes" games
B
5
S
1
Posts: 16
Reputation: 410

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests