Others game controls (. , / [ ] )

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • Hello!

Is it possible to use ". , / [ ]" buttons on keyboard as game controls in my game?

: ).

• You need to use sglorz' Input System plugin to use those extra keys.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/plugin-input-system-v096b-21-03-2011-keyb-mouse-joy_topic40990.html

• you need plugins just to use keyboard functions? what a pile of sh*t, and they say gamemaker's crap!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What's wrong with a plugin? Construct has a keyboard object by nature. Mostly it's enough for the most common things.

So no, you don't need extra plugins to use keyboard functions. Just for that few extra symbols. And if construct isn't adapted to your needs, feel free to use another software. But don't complain about things, you don't even fully tested.

Sorry, but I just don't like it, when ppl don't appreciate good work...

• nobrowser2, what's the problem? Every single feature in Construct Classic and Construct 2 are implemented exclusively through the plugin SDK, even the built in stuff. Without plugins neither of the Constructs does anything at all. So it's totally unreasonable to be against using plugins, since it is impossible to do anything useful without them.

• What's wrong with a plugin? Construct has a keyboard object by nature. Mostly it's enough for the most common things.

So no, you don't need extra plugins to use keyboard functions. Just for that few extra symbols. And if construct isn't adapted to your needs, feel free to use another software. But don't complain about things, you don't even fully tested.

Sorry, but I just don't like it, when ppl don't appreciate good work...

you sound like too much of a fanboy to accept criticism of a reasonable expectation!

• nobrowser2, what's the problem? Every single feature in Construct Classic and Construct 2 are implemented exclusively through the plugin SDK, even the built in stuff. Without plugins neither of the Constructs does anything at all. So it's totally unreasonable to be against using plugins, since it is impossible to do anything useful without them.

but these are supposed to be basic functions of an application, its only input

• its only input

Thing is, input is actually bit of a hassle. Take into consideration that there exist different keyboard layouts pertaining to different languages as well as layouts other than QWERTY. Not to mention the circuitry beneath.

Keys other than A-Z and 1-0 can be in wildly different places with different ways to access them, so it makes sense to cater to A-Z and 1-0 primarily. System keys like "Alt" and such should generally be avoided if you ask me, and to access [ I'd have to press Alt+8.

• nobrowser2, I recommend you switch to another tool if you don't like Construct. Whoever's tool you choose, please also do us a favour and post in the same manner to their forum as much as possible too! :)

• nobrowser2

You are complaining about FREE software.

You are probably hired by clikteam or Game maker.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)