Paid Hosting recommendations.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 am

Check out Weebly.
http://www.weebly.com

That's where I'll be hosting my future games.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 am

I've had a good experience with HostGator thus far. My site is hosted by them, and I get pretty decent speed, too. It won't compete with top-of-the-line sites, but it more than meets my needs. My games run fine off of it, they have a lot of things you can install on your server for free, if you should choose. Their file manager is a little lacking, but ftp fixes that anyways. I researched a lot a few years ago and came to them as my conclusion and have been happy with it since.

I would avoid GoDaddy purely on their advertising.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 am

What kind of service do you have on hostgator, normal web hosting?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:48 pm

You won't needs VPS for just some websites, shared hosting is absolutely fine!

I own a small UK web-hosting company, and whilst I won't advertise here, I will say be VERY careful of any company that offers "unlimited" disk-space or bandwidth; as others have said it simply doesn't exist, and theres always the chance of being slammed with usage fines if your site really takes off!

What you really want to be looking for is a good, well supported Linux shared server, preferably with a good number of MySQL databases, and with either cPanel or eXtend 2.0 for your control panel.

If you're in the US the best company for price is HostGator, and for quality and support SoftLayer are excellent, though pricy.

If you're in the UK or Europe, 123Reg offers strong European hosting, but can be beaten by several other companies like LCN or Heart Internet.

I'd definitely recommend getting a good geo-location for your sites, if your TLD is country specific, get your hosting from there!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:24 am

Thank you for the advice Mr E Bear, I'm from Europe actually, I'll check those sites out and feel free to advertise yours by PM.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:35 am

[QUOTE=Xavier] What kind of service do you have on hostgator, normal web hosting?[/QUOTE]

I apologize for not getting back sooner! I used to use hatchling on hostgator, and it was perfectly serviceable. It won't have the speed to compete with top-of-the-line sites, but it is by no means slow and works great. I recently upgraded to baby so I could host more than one domain on the service--I have adamprack.com as my personal portfolio and adamcreations.com that will be a semi-portal/showcase of licensable content. They're hosted on the same server and I can just jump stuff from folder to folder to maintain/reuse/move content. They use cpanel, which gets the job done, and there are a lot of MySQL and plugin options, too. Most of this should be regular on a lot of services, but some may (do) charge a lot more. I've also had really great up-time and they've been pretty helpful whenever I had an issue.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 am

I use Hostgator and haven't got anything to complain about. Their Cloudflare integration is a big plus if running a big site.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm

[QUOTE=Xavier] Hello. I'm searching for a paid hosting service for my current and future games and also for hosting a website probably.

I was wondering if you have any personal recommendations? It should have unlimited bandwidth I suppose. I was gonna go with Godaddy but I'd rather see what else is there. Thanks.

If there are a lot of recommendations I'll edit the first post and make a list.[/QUOTE]

In my personal experience i would suggest Tucktail.com .Here they provide web hosting service with three plans at reasonable cost.Among them you can choose any one of the plan according to your requirements.They also provide Unlimited Storage and Bandwidth,Daily Backup,24/7 customer support etc...
B

Post » Wed May 08, 2013 1:21 pm

I use to be with bluehost and they were awesome.

I have now been with inmotionhosting for 2 years. There service is remarkable, they help very quickly.

I currently run a shared server with them, I have a mobile app hooked into it, blog, and a text based game.

Your best bet in my opinion is get a shared host, once it cannot handle your game go with VPS then dedicated. No since going big and wasting money if you dont need it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 08, 2013 4:12 pm

@TheHen have you had any reason to need an IIS server, or has the HostGator server with apache, etc... worked fine for you? My initial targeted platforms are windows 8 and windows phone and can't think of any reason I would require an IIS server, but figured I would check with you just in case. In the future I also plan to utilize Azure services, but my thinking is that will most likely be hosted by Microsoft as opposed to getting my own Azure infrastructure.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General