[PAID] Programmer needed for bug fixes

Looking to build a team or have a job to offer?

Post » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:18 pm

I'm new to Construct 2 and recently started making my own game mainly thanks to various tutorials. The basic gameplay is written however I'm running into a few bugs and general problems I need fixed. It's a top down grid based maze game where the player tries to move their sprite to the end without being caught by an enemy sprite.

Note: I've already created the basic gameplay, and am just looking for someone to fix some problems so the game runs smoother.

Budget: a few hundred dollars

Timeframe: I'd like it done in 1-2 weeks.

Problems that need to be fixed:

- Randomly generate enemy sprites onto maze but not in a wall, and never in line of sight of player.

- Occasionally enemy sprites get stuck or move over walls

- bug where enemy sprites are programed to randomly move around the map, but for some reason they just stay in a certain area.

- enemy sprites should move in 4 directions as opposed to 8.

I also need some help with making the layout grid size match the graphics.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:28 pm

are you looking to pay a 3-4 digit figure for the 2 weekssosensible2013-11-01 17:29:17
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey there, I PMed you forgetting that you can't reply yet - sorry about that.

Anywho, I'd like to help you out.TwinTails2013-11-03 12:08:47
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 am

Did the same mistake. I'm also interested.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:13 pm

I can help you out. I have great experience with both Constructs. You can take a look at my completed projects at my site http://www.muztdiestudios.cc.ua/ and decide if I can be useful in your case.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Thank you guys for getting back to me. I figured instead of trying to fix my code it would probably be easier to just start from scratch. So all I need is someone to get my enemy AI working correctly. Here are the specifics.

-Enemy AI that randomly generates onto maze at start of layout, but never generates within player line of sight.
-Enemy AI randomly walks around maze.
-Enemy movement should be smooth grid based up, down, left, and right. No diagonal.
-If enemy AI is in line of sight of the player, enemy AI begins to chase player at an increased speed.
-If enemy AI collides with player, player dies.
-If enemy AI loses line of sight for about 2 seconds, enemy stops chasing player, decreases speed, and goes back to random movement.

Hopefully someone can do this for me. I realize that their are a number of plugins and behaviors that do some of what I'm looking for, feel free to use them. Not only would you be paid but also get in game credit. I may also hire you for further game development. I can't PM yet, but you can reach me at [email protected] Thank you.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:56 am

Emailed.
B
S
G

Return to Job Offers and Team Requests