[PAID REQUEST] Alternate Platform Behavior

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:16 pm

C2's platform behavior is feature-rich, no doubt, but despite the work that has gone into it I don't find it to be completely polished, and It lacks some fundamental features I need for my upcoming games.

That said, I'm looking for a programmer to modify the existing platform behavior or write a new one that better suits my needs. I'd be happy to discuss pricing and features with interested programmers via email ([email protected]) or Skype (Tokinsom).

Ideally, this platform behavior....

• Will have an option to not end a jump upon collision with a ceiling. Instead, the object will push against the ceiling for the remainder of the jump before falling down, and the jump will continue if a ceiling is no longer in the way (see: "Hydra Castle Labyrinth" or "La-Mulana")
  • Will move independently atop moving platforms (With the existing behavior, if you are moving right on a platform that is moving left at equal speed, you will walk in place. I do not want this to happen.)
  • Will be smoothly pushed by solid, moving objects. No hopping or shaking.
  • Will move smoothly along slopes in a ceiling or wall as it does slopes on the floor.
  • Will move smoothly around edges/corners and not "pop" upwards when jumping against them (recurring bug with the existing behavior)
  • Will fit into spaces equal to the size of the object e.g. 16px tall object fits snug in a 16px tunnel.
  • Will fall into small gaps in floors regardless of horizontal speed (within reason).
  • Will move into small gaps in walls regardless of vertical speed (within reason).
  • Can ignore solids on specified object types, if possible.
  • Will have the same ACE table as the existing plugin, with minor exceptions and additions.

EDIT: I prefer a behavior but an event-based platform engine with these features will work too. It will be significantly cheaper though. I've written my own in the past but not when delta time was a factor.
Last edited by Tokinsom on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:49 pm

You might want to reach out to the author of this? @hazneliel behavior-platform-an-enhanced-behavior_t81233?&hilit=platform
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:50 pm

Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 am

Tokinsom wrote:[*]Can ignore solids on specified object types, if possible.

Hi Tokinsom, did you ever solve this issue in particular?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:13 am

@purplemonkey Nope. It's impossible to do without a custom or event-based behavior. I had one person who was interested in doing this but it was never finished.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:54 am

Tokinsom wrote:@purplemonkey Nope. It's impossible to do without a custom or event-based behavior. I had one person who was interested in doing this but it was never finished.

Dang it, thanks for trying though! Ah well, I guess I have to implement some dank code instead..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:23 pm

purplemonkey wrote:
Tokinsom wrote:[*]Can ignore solids on specified object types, if possible.

Hi Tokinsom, did you ever solve this issue in particular?

What's the work-arounds so far that we can currently use? I'm desperately trying to figure out how to turn on and off solids per platform-based movement as opposed to global for all platform-based characters.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Cant you use certain solids in a family and that family be ignored by the behavior?
Sorry, I'm saying this on the fly and I don't know if it could really work but just an idea.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:27 pm

FraktalZero wrote:Cant you use certain solids in a family and that family be ignored by the behavior?
Sorry, I'm saying this on the fly and I don't know if it could really work but just an idea.

That's an idea, I might try it, I'm not sure if families can control behaviors, does anyone have anyone experience with these?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:48 pm

I just tried using a family to disable the collision. Seems to work but not sure if its what you need
B
S
G

Next

Return to Work in Progress Addons