[PAID REQUEST] Alternate Platform Behavior

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:07 pm

FraktalZero wrote:I just tried using a family to disable the collision. Seems to work but not sure if its what you need

How did you manage this? Sorry to hijac this thread, I'm just having trouble disabling solids for a specific platform-movement, whilst allowing the enemy platform movement to still be affected by solids.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:13 pm

You set a family for the specific solid you want to disable and that's it pretty much. On family folder in the projects section right click and add the elements specific to each family.
Then on an event use the family plus extra conditions to check if collisions are enabled . Then in the action section set Family (set collision disabled)

If Family conditions enabled & Then -- Family Set Collisions disabled
(extra conditions)

Something like that should probably work but haven't tested it yet.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:39 am

purplemonkey wrote:
Tokinsom wrote:@purplemonkey Nope. It's impossible to do without a custom or event-based behavior. I had one person who was interested in doing this but it was never finished.

Dang it, thanks for trying though! Ah well, I guess I have to implement some dank code instead..

@zebbi

I found a quick solution for disabling collisions on specific objects, etc. and would be willing to share it! Its a stupid trick but gets the job done.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:03 am

ruskul wrote:
purplemonkey wrote:
Tokinsom wrote:@purplemonkey Nope. It's impossible to do without a custom or event-based behavior. I had one person who was interested in doing this but it was never finished.

Dang it, thanks for trying though! Ah well, I guess I have to implement some dank code instead..

@zebbi

I found a quick solution for disabling collisions on specific objects, etc. and would be willing to share it! Its a stupid trick but gets the job done.

Would love it please! Not sure if it's okay to put all this in this thread, but it still fits in with the ethos that we need this kind of thing in an alternative platform behavior. Please share! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:40 pm

You're fine this thread is almost a year old anyway :P
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:02 pm

@Zebbi I'll try to get something up that can be shared in the next day or two when I get a chance. I'll post it in tutorials or something, but I'll let you know.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:09 pm

ruskul wrote:@Zebbi I'll try to get something up that can be shared in the next day or two when I get a chance. I'll post it in tutorials or something, but I'll let you know.

Looking forward to it! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26 pm

@ruskul
@Zebbi

Hey so am I. Always nice to learn something new.
Brick by brick, stone by stone.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:57 pm

@Solomon - Cool cool, I'll let you know when I get it posted. Oh I see, this is where you saw slopes mentioned. On the other post we are talking on I didn't realize yet you had read this one. :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:16 pm

ruskul wrote:@Solomon - Cool cool, I'll let you know when I get it posted. Oh I see, this is where you saw slopes mentioned. On the other post we are talking on I didn't realize yet you had read this one. :)

If it's too much to post a file, what was the gist of disabling specific collisions for platform events?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons