Paper Golf (scored game)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 pm

alright sir...this game is fun. i was near ecstatic the few times i got lucky angled shots into the hole.

now for the lessons learned from my immense suckage; you need some kind of 'release' button. reason being, if you left click near the ball but not directly on the ball, you activate the strength indicator, but not the angle graphic. which means you pretty much have to do a reverse azimuth shot of the strength bar. not what you intended i hope. once i selected it in this odd way. i was forced to swing because i could not undo my selection of the ball. so either the ball selection needs to be fixed or a release button mechanism of some sort needs to be added.

bouncing a ball from off the screen onto a moving platform which subsequently drops the ball off on the grassy landing and rolls into the hole...is a thrill like no other...lol.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:06 pm

harrio@
now for the lessons learned from my immense suckage; you need some kind of 'release' button. reason being, if you left click near the ball but not directly on the ball, you activate the strength indicator, but not the angle graphic. which means you pretty much have to do a reverse azimuth shot of the strength bar. not what you intended i hope. once i selected it in this odd way. i was forced to swing because i could not undo my selection of the ball. so either the ball selection needs to be fixed or a release button mechanism of some sort needs to be added.

I wasn't able to replicate this ? The events should only trigger when you click centre ball?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:23 pm

try clicking and dragging just off to the left or right of the ball, but don't touch the ball.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 am

I like it but the ball gets stuck if you hit it right in front of you.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 pm

harrio@
try clicking and dragging just off to the left or right of the ball, but don't touch the ball.

Couldn't replicate ?

Scot@
I like it but the ball gets stuck if you hit it right in front of you.

Thats called taking a shot?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:27 am

@chrisbrobs
just figured out why you cannot replicate it. the first time you swing, the ball is placed in front of you, to the right. but every subsequent time after, it is placed centered on the player graphic. so hit it once, then, when it is centered, you will see what i am talking about. you will be able to click near the ball but not on it, and it will give you a power graphic, but not a directional graphic.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations