Parallax Background (Behaviours)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:52 pm

Parallax Background — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-behaviours/parallax-background-1807

If you've already tried adding a nice parallax effect to a side-scrolling game's backgrounds, you know how much pain it is!

You have to figure out how to position your backgrounds/foregrounds correctly, how to apply parallax effects from the bottom of the layout (floating mountains ? Been there!), how to make backgrounds wrap around the screen as the player scrolls in a random direction, and most of the time you will rage-quit after dealing with lots of layers, each with its own parallax value.

Using this addon, you can get a nice parallax effect for your game in no time.

Features

• You can place all your backgrounds in the same layer if you wish.
  • Easily implementable parallax backgrounds that wrap around your layout!
  • You have full control over your backgrounds, they stay exactly where you place them in the editor, no matter how big your screen or layout are!
  • Backgrounds fully adapts to your screen size, zoom, or layout size. Everything stays smooth no matter what you do to your viewport!
  • Ideal for side-scrolling games such as platformers, infinite runners, shooters, etc.
  • Detailed manual for painless integration in your project.
  • Examples projects provided

For questions or bug-reports, please contact me at [email protected]

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Parallax Background
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 12:57 pm

I've bought your addon. It's awesome ! i want to ask a question, can i edit your tile Demo2-Ground.png (the green one) into another colors? i want to add variety ground colors for my game :)
Try this template if you want to create a game like Brain Dots game !
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 1:28 pm

julianvinns2016 wrote:I've bought your addon. It's awesome ! i want to ask a question, can i edit your tile Demo2-Ground.png (the green one) into another colors? i want to add variety ground colors for my game :)

Thanks for your purchase!

For your question, I made the backgrounds for demo purposes only, but if you like them you can modify the images as you wish and use them in your personal or commercial project, I have no problem with that.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Thank you so much ! I like your images, its really good ! :) :D
Try this template if you want to create a game like Brain Dots game !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:51 am

Version 1.1 has been submitted for review and will be available soon.

• Now it is possible to have animated backgrounds!
  • The manual has been thoroughly rewritten

Check out the overview video of version 1.1 here!

Enjoy!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:42 pm

A small bug that prevents you from using expressions in the ParallaxBG for Sprites plugin has been fixed, the updated version of this plugin is pending approval and should be available soon.

If you don't use the expressions of the ParallaxBG for Sprites plugin, you will not encounter the bug.

Please re-download the plugin and re-install it to be able to use expressions.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Scirra Store