Parallax Tilemap displays wrong in editor

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:40 pm

Problem Description
When I put a tilemap in a parallaxed layer and choose to display the parallax effect in the editor the tilemap ends up disappearing and exhibiting very odd behavior the more I scroll in the editor

Attach a Capx
tilemap.capx

Description of Capx
This Capx has 0 events in it, but includes two layers, the lower of which is parallaxed with a tilemap in it. It is set to show the effect in the editor, and displays very buggy.

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Create two layers
  • Set one to 60,60 parallax
  • Set parallax to display in editor
  • Put tilemap in parallax layer

Observed Result
As I move around in the editor the tilemap begins to disappear and parallaxes very poorly

Expected Result
I expect it to not do this but instead to display the same way it does when I run the project (displays perfectly in browser)

Affected Browsers
  • Does not affect browsers as it is only an in-editor bug. Displays perfectly fine in the browsers.

Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 V 6.1 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID
r190

Display Drivers
I'm running an HP Pavilion 6 with Intel HD graphics run through ATI drivers and am using the most up to date version available from HP. Problem still persists.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:17 pm

Was just looking at it in my editor and realized that the Tilemap *is* displaying correctly (what you can see of it) but not drawing tiles that *would be* offscreen if the parallax was set to 100, 100. As if the editor is using the X and Y of the view window to determine which tiles should be drawn but not taking the parallax of the Tilemap's layer into account when drawing. I could be way off! lol But thought the observation might help determine what's going on. :)
B

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs