Particle Effects - Suggestion

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:24 pm

@mercy: nothing prevents you to make that editor as a capx, export it and open it locally in your browser when needed.Kyatric2012-02-10 19:25:14
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Found all the set-commands in the action-list. Thank you! Have so much to do, model, texture, design, plan the game, procure finances aarrgh, sometimes I completely miss obvious things.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:26 am

Sorry to res this one, but you can tell I used the search function. Rather than spin, how much would it hit performance to have the initial direction of the particle change? I have smoke from a volcano, and each particle looks the same. If I could add a spin to just the initial particle, it would make each one look different.

This possible?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:04 pm

[QUOTE=AnD4D] Sorry to res this one, but you can tell I used the search function. Rather than spin, how much would it hit performance to have the initial direction of the particle change? I have smoke from a volcano, and each particle looks the same. If I could add a spin to just the initial particle, it would make each one look different.

This possible?[/QUOTE]

As said by Ashley, you will need to do it using a custom event system. Make a spawner instance, and shot the smoke particles as bullets, then, you'll be able to reproduce anything you want.

The particle feature is only for simple things, because using thousand of particles with several changes happening for each particle can make your game unplayable.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:33 pm

We have no plans to add angle to the Particles object, especially since we've done heavy optimisation recently which only applies to non-rotated particle images. As before, if you need rotation in a particles effect, use sprites.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General