Particle Spawning / Time Scale (Now with .capx)

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • I'm using a for loop to create a seamless beam trail / laser similar to this with small particles. Works great but the lower the time scale is, the more particles that are spawned. I can't just use every tick or milliseconds because they don't spawn the particles fast enough to make the trail seamless so..any ideas?

Here is a .capx.

• You could set it so that at every dt seconds it spawns. I don't work with dt much though so I wouldn't know.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Using every tick or 0.01 seconds or w/e doesn't spawn particles fast enough to make a seamless trail. I use the loop (which also moves the beam for pixel-perfect collisions) to spawn the particles at a very high rate and that's where the problem lies. For the record they are destroyed shortly after so there's never more than ~20 particles per beam.

I tried giving each beam a variable that is subtracted by n*dt and creates a particle / resets itself each time it goes below 0. It helps but I still get about twice the particles at 0.1 time scale..

• Tokinsom

I wonder if there is a way to compare the players distance traveled rather than a time comparison. I'm to green to know for sure. What do you think?

• Yep , that's an issue with C2 , tried my way around but no luck , C2 isn't fast enough , Did Ashley limit the number of spawn-able object per tick or what ? Maybe it's for performance or something

this may help ...

• Er..Pretty sure you'd get the same results in CC or anything else. 1 particle per tick simply isn't enough for a seamless trail.

• Bump.

• I'll work on an example for you later ...

Basically , my idea is to make a tail with an array that saves the position of the player each tick ... and for each element it places 1 object that fades away later ...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)