Particles that stop moving after a while and dont die

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Sorry, it's not currently supported by the settings the Particles behavior provide. We could provide even more options, and there have been a bunch of other suggestions for similar tweaks, but I want to avoid making the Particles object look like the cockpit of a passenger jet. If you want customised behavior a good place to start is just creating lots of sprites with the Bullet behavior, which you can control however you like with events.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:42 pm

@Ashley I can appreciate your point, but in this case you can simply make the behavior work as you intended - on a negative acceleration (deceleration) with time scale and zero gravity, it should not start moving in the opposite direction when reaching 0 speed. It should stop to a halt and stop being active until timescale kills it. It is currently adding gravity and there is no advantage of having it go in the opposite direction
So no need to add a new gui element- simply fix the behavior's bug.

then we will have the feature and at the cost of no extra input box
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

It's not a bug that negative acceleration allows particles to start going in reverse - it was intentional from the start - and someone somewhere probably needs it to do that. So we won't change the existing behavior.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:17 pm

ah i see. It just seems very strange that it acts as if it has gravity rather than decelerating.
And that it only works as expected if the particles are killed when they stop.

Is there perhaps a plugin that adds the functionality i am after?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?