Path Finding Not Obeying Solids

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:16 pm

BluePhase, so yes you are correct the walls do not have the Solid Behavior, which I need to fix. But I did create a Sprite and gave it Solid and threw it on top of the bottom wall, that big yellow rectangle you probably saw it. Any idea why the Hero still walks through that?

Thanks
Brett
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Wrangler I just downloaded the latest, but turning on the Grid doesn't help, can you explain what your are thinking? I was expecting that if I turned on the Grid and based on what you were saying that it might show when I did preview, but no.

Thanks
Brett
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm having a similar issue, thought maybe you had figured out what the deal was. I have a simple top down shooter and the Controlled Player moves just fine and obeys the solids. But the "Enemy" is on a Path Find and they just simply walk through all the wall "Solids". I have the path find set to solids and even had tried calling the "Make "Walls" obstacles."

Thanks for any thoughts.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:21 am

Anyone have a fix for this issue?
B

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Ok I had the exact same problem where it would go straight through solid objects and for some reason this fixed it. I had it finding a path every tick to an object and it would fly through walls, I changed it to find a path every second and now it works perfectly. I don't know if it's the same problem you were having or not but I hope it helps
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?