Path movement, Counter, Gamepad, Hiscore

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:00 am

[quote="deadeye":18oa3v0m]

Hiscore object? Why? What would it do that you can't already do with Construct?[/quote:18oa3v0m]

Well the high score board is much friendlier in Game maker. You can have say the top 5 names and scores all sorted with no work at all. I think that would be nice to have.

Though I thought I remember seeing a post that a high score board would be added before 1.0 came out. Can't seem to find that post now though.

-

A Path behavior would be awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 am

[quote="deadeye":a22l891h]I don't think they mean Path as in Pathfinding, but rather drawing a set path for objects to follow. A Pathfinding plugin like you're describing would be something totally different.[/quote:a22l891h]

a specific path for an object to follow is a special case of pathfinding :)
I agree on the difficulty of using events to set waypoints, but I see no other way :s perhaps there is one and I can't see it due to not being familiar with the SDK

For curved paths you could add control point variables to the path object (curvature or an extra point for bezier or whatever you please) and move your object accordingly.

Moving an object in a straight line would be really simple

guy is at path
-pick next waypoint
-set angle towards path

tada! linear path. If its not looped you'd have to check if there actually is any waypoint.
Anyway, I should be coding this instead of talking about it :P
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote="madster":3q51sw7i]
For curved paths you could add control point variables to the path object (curvature or an extra point for bezier or whatever you please) and move your object accordingly.
[/quote:3q51sw7i]

Actually, an even simpler way to do (basic) curves/turning is to just use "Rotate towards object" and "Move at angle" commands. I will upload an example .cap I made in the uploads section in a sec...

Edit: Here it is: [url:3q51sw7i]http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=5634[/url:3q51sw7i]
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Ok! My racing game scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/lamboracing-4313 uses path finding to move the AI car around the track.
Which acts just like NODES with out writing all the points.

On start of layout
find path sprite 1,
on path found move along path,
On arrive and car is overlapping sprite 1, find path to sprite 2,
on arrive and car is overlapping sprite 2, find path to sprite 3,
on path found move along path.
on arrive and car is overlapping sprite 3, find path to sprite 1,
which completes the loop and the AI just keeps driving around the track.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:13 pm

@Carbincopy
Carbincopy wrote:Ok! My racing game scirra.com/arcade/racing-games/lamboracing-4313 uses path finding to move the AI car around the track.
Which acts just like NODES with out writing all the points.

On start of layout
find path sprite 1,
On arrive and car is overlapping sprite 1, find path to sprite 2,
on arrive and car is overlapping sprite 2, find path to sprite 3,
on arrive and car is overlapping sprite 3, find path to sprite 1,
which completes the loop and the AI just keeps driving around the track.

Are you sure you meant to post this in a 5 year old thread for software that is now retired, i.e. Construct Classic?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:18 am

@zenox98
zenox98 wrote:@Carbincopy
Are you sure you meant to post this in a 5 year old thread for software that is now retired, i.e. Construct Classic?

Yes as the path finding is still searched in google as 1st result and is a major issue with nodes in HTML5
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:28 am

Carbincopy wrote:@zenox98

Yes as the path finding is still searched in google as 1st result and is a major issue with nodes in HTML5

@Carbincopy
So you're saying you did post here deliberately.

But Construct Classic has no relevance to HTML 5 so posting here is pointless, other than creating more work for mods having to check the post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:15 pm

@zenox98
So you're saying you did post here deliberately.

But Construct Classic has no relevance to HTML 5 so posting here is pointless, other than creating more work for mods having to check the post.

Hello Zenox98,
It has nothing to do with creating more work for MOD's.
It has to do with Construct 2 and reaching potential customers with a problem with understanding pathfinding and Nodes. Since this thread is 1st for pathfinding in Google, Yahoo and Bing and The Information that was shared is for a working solution to the Issue with Nodes in Construct any version not just Construct Classic or Construct 2.

If you believe this and other construct classic posts are of no value to the users of construct. Please fill free to wipe out all the extra traffic coming to scirra.com from these posts.

Have a great day and enjoy. ;) JC
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:55 pm

I check every post so it does create extra work when someone posts in a section that is not relevant.

You specifically mention HTML 5 and Construct 2, which Construct Classic has nothing to do with - it is purely Direct X desktop based. The examples here are just not relevant or directly transferable to C2. The fact that a search engine points to a piece of software that was retired over 2 years ago is irrelevant.

But I have no interest in debating this any longer.
Any further posts here that are not relevant to CC will be deleted.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion