Pathfinding Gone Wild

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 am

Message: MisledUtopia is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Pathfinding Gone Wild
____ I run pathfinding perfectly on the opening layout until my user sprite goes to an area that calls up a new layout (next level) and the pathfinding starts ignoring solids and begins to take wild paths. This appears to be a bug. I have looked all over and cannot find a fix to it. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. ____

It says my capx is too large to load but, I have the pathfinding code in each layout. When it starts a new layout it should work the same right?

I want to buy this software but, I have to know it can do this correctly. Please someone email me with help.

Description of game
____ Simple RPG ____

Affected Browsers
[*] Chrome: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 7 SP1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ Release 178 ____
B

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:44 am

If your sprite is a global object, you will probably need an explicit event telling the pathfinding behavior to regenerate the obstacle map when the new layout starts. You will also need to do this if an obstacle is moved, created, or destroyed.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:26 am

The objects and the sprite are not set to global. The new layout has all new sprites and objects and the pathfinding is restated on each layout, essentially starting everything over. If I were to set it to global, I would get multiple sprites/obstacles overlapping.
B

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:11 am

You should be able to re-create the bug in a smaller .capx and attach to your post, as per guidelines.

If you don't, Ashley will just close your post as there is nothing for him to investigate.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:55 am

MisledUtopia wrote:The new layout has all new sprites and objects and the pathfinding is restated on each layout, essentially starting everything over.

Do you have a delay, e.g. Wait(0.1), before generating the obstacle map to give the objects/sprites time to be created?
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Please attach a .capx or this will not be investigated. Due to spam new signups can't post links, so either attach it to the post or remove the http:// and www. parts of the URL.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Closing due to inactivity, please re-post following the guidelines if you wish this to be further investigated, but note typically reports like this are concluded to be a mistake in events rather than a bug.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs