Pathfinding in Isometric

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hi, just thought of sharing a

of what I've just been working on.

The setup I'm using is derived from Rex's SquareTx/Board setup. I used to use the SLGMovement and GridMove to move between tiles, but I modified the mechanics to use C2's pathfinding and using the tiles as destination targets only. This approach is more direct than projecting an 'orthogonal' pathfinding grid into the isometric view, but it did come with problems as C2's pathfinding is made for the orthogonal view. This video tries to address those issues by filtering C2's pathfinding results and using MoveTo as the movement mechanism (as opposed to C2's own pathfinding move action).

Hope it's helpful.

• An interesting solution.

Continuing this thread, but with Pathfinding.

I will try.

p.s. how did you manage to make a completely gray C2 design? )

• That's just my Windows 7 classic theme colours. Then in C2, I use either the 'Basic' theme, or the VS 2008 theme.

• Works great with arbitrary obstacles, including maps from the collision mask.

Thanks )

• I'm thinking: what is the most optimal way to get the total length of the path?

• I'm thinking: what is the most optimal way to get the total length of the path?

Well, I think the simplest way it is to add the iso-to-ortho-distance between the filtered nodes as they are being chosen. So if node # 1 is chosen, then the next node before lost-LOS is node # 5, then it's just a matter of computing the iso-ortho distance between those two nodes and accumulate the distance until the end.

Is that what you mean?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It seems, it works.

In general, the distance is needed for the way of movement. A short distance - "walk". A long distance - "run", once the limit is reached, "walk" again.

However, a simple addition is not suitable for a space with a diminishing perspective, as here

http://c2community.ru/forum/viewpost.php?p=139120

But this is already offtopic. Thanks for the answer )

• For completeness sake :-)

http://faulknermano.com/pub/isodist2orthodist_c2_func.png

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)