Pathfinding Stepping Stones

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm

I have heard that it's more the number of events that fills memory and it doesn't matter how many layouts you have so if you have a large number of blocks across multiple levels it should be fine. You can always export for mobile to test.

Also it was not really mentioned how the building will work but if it's one bridge instantly built then you could always set up some logic to create invisible blocks around the bridge once it's built.plinkie2013-08-20 21:31:17
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm not an expert, but wouldn't a 2px x 2px transparent PNG work nicely? It's small in size, you can upscale it to whatever size you want and the quality won't matter because you can make it invisible to the player.
B

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Well the basic principle is the blocks slide in from the top kinda like tetris, so as they are falling they are going to go over a bunch of the invisible blocks and destroy them all :/

[QUOTE=CecilDraten] I'm not an expert, but wouldn't a 2px x 2px transparent PNG work nicely? It's small in size, you can upscale it to whatever size you want and the quality won't matter because you can make it invisible to the player.[/QUOTE]
- Yeah that definitely seems like an easy way to do it. And if i can figure out a way to automatically fill the map with them it would be even better. Nvenom2013-08-20 22:24:14
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:13 am

ramones solution is what i would have suggested as well

Solid disables if obstacle is overlapping grid :D
(always regenerate obstacle map after you change something)

so, actually whats dynamic is not the bridge, but the obstacles =)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?