Pathfind.js error when exported to Windows

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:33 am

Link to .capx file (required!):
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C8DF071A9A63E76!1032
The entire project created with the export can be found at:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C8DF071A9A63E76!1031

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project using the standard turret defense template.
2. Do not add any new elements.
3. Export to Windows 8.
4. Open the solution in Visual Studio.
5. Compile and check everything looks in order.
6. Associate the project with a created app in the store (right click in project, store, Associate App with the Store...)
7. Create the packages (right click in project, store, Create the App Packages...)
8. The certification will start, and after a few minutes will fail.

Observed result:
The file ValidationResult.htm will detailed the 2 errors found (a copy of my result can be found at: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C8DF071A9A63E76!1033)
Overall result: FAILED
?File \\?\C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1111hielo777.SGDefense_1.0.1.2_neutral__fqa2jx7pdgyn4\pathfind.js has JavaScript syntax or other problems.

?File C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\1111hielo777.SGDefense_1.0.1.2_neutral__fqa2jx7pdgyn4\pathfind.js is not properly UTF-8 encoded. Re-save the file as UTF-8 (including Byte Order Mark).


Expected result:
Certification passed and packages created.

Browsers affected:
Chrome: no
Firefox: no
Internet Explorer: no
The error appears only in the W8 export when is being certificated.

Operating system & service pack:
Tested in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

Construct 2 version: r132

Additional Notes:
The entire Visual Studio solution created can be found at:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1C8DF071A9A63E76!1031
The problem appeared originally with another project that was based on the Turret Defense template. The same 2 errors appeared in that project, but it seems that the export of the same .capx to Windows Phone was accepted by the WP Store.
I tried to manually re save the file with the correct encoding, and also manually fix the .js, but it was still not working.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you need more information or help.
B
46
S
8
G
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 6,425

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:01 am

Someone else had Pathfinder issues last month, here is the thread with a link to a tutorial that showed re-encoding with V.S.
I used that tutorial to re-encode Clay's plugins, and it worked.

http://www.scirra.com/forum/music-in-windows-8-export_topic68083_post429100.html?KW=tutorial#429100

Edit: Later in that thread, someone mentioned it had been fixed, so maybe it is fixed already in the beta.Paradox2013-07-12 09:15:33
B
215
S
57
G
32
Posts: 900
Reputation: 38,789

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Ah, I noticed the file is accidentally in ANSI encoding. I've converted it to UTF-8 with BOM for the next build which hopefully will fix this.
Scirra Founder
B
378
S
220
G
84
Posts: 23,871
Reputation: 188,207

Post » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:08 pm

Thank you very much guys, I will try the steps in the provided thread and will let you know if it Works.

Oh! and just in case you don{t receive enough love from the community: great tool and great job reaching gamers. I will be presenting a workshop in the Atlanta area, requested by the Georgia Game Developers Association, so the interest is there and it will keep growing
B
46
S
8
G
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 6,425


Return to Closed bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests