Pathinding behavior teleport bug !

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Sorry for my english im french !

Problem Description

With the pathinding behavior, the concealed objects are teleported if they collide !

Attach a Capx

mega.nz

Description of Capx

Is a fangame of hacking minigame of NieR Automata !

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Play game
    • Try to meet the most "enemy" object

Observed Result

Some enemy when they are blocked and when I ask them to find a new way, teleports!

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: I don't know
    • Internet Explorer: I don't know

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 with service pack 3

Construct 2 Version ID

Version 244

• That's probably because the enemies are moved with the Pathfinding Behavior directly while having 8 Direction activated. When they collide, the Solid Behavior set their position so that they don't overlap. This may cause the "teleport" problem. You should use the 8 Direction to move the enemies along the Pathfinding nodes (with an instance variable to to keep track of current node).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing - please see the bug report guidelines, we do not normally investigate projects like this. Also as points out it's probably because you are essentially crushing 8-direction objects with the Solid behavior, and since 8-direction is not allowed to overlap solids, it will move the object somewhere else to avoid solids if there is nowhere else it can go.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)