Pause menu adding trouble

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • I need a help with pause menu. So I can press "P" and go to menu then press "Esc" and return to the game on the place where I pressed "P". Please help me. Thank you.

• although I don't about going back to menu after pause but to just pause the game you can use Time Scale, more info in the wiki-

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/c ... me_Scaling

• Just make the menu on a different layer. When P is pressed, use the 'time scale' function to pause (set it to 0), and make the menu layer visible. When escape is pressed, the layer turns invisible again and time scale should be set back to 1.0. You'll be back where you started.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok ill try, thank you.

• you can also make the menu on a diffrent layout as long as your level has nothing set on layout startup. I do this because i hate timescale ^^

• you can also make the menu on a diffrent layout as long as your level has nothing set on layout startup. I do this because i hate timescale ^^

How do you set everything back the way it was when you return to the game? It's easier to just set timescale to 0. It's the most simple pause method available and works quite well. BTW, why do you hate timescale?

• > you can also make the menu on a diffrent layout as long as your level has nothing set on layout startup. I do this because i hate timescale ^^

>

How do you set everything back the way it was when you return to the game? It's easier to just set timescale to 0. It's the most simple pause method available and works quite well. BTW, why do you hate timescale?

because for some reason i cant get it to work

And what do you mean by set everything back? O.o when i come back it remains unchanged.

• because for some reason i cant get it to work :lol:

Sounds like you might have to look into TimeDelta to me.

Edit: removed quotehell

• > because for some reason i cant get it to work

>

Sounds like you might have to look into TimeDelta to me.

Edit: removed quotehell

Thats the problem ^^ i sometimes forget to use TimeDelta when making custome controls or stuff and then i end up with a pause that actualy "pauses" only a part of the game aspects.

In the other hand i would like something like when you use "Layout" object. It automaticly freezes previous layout. (at least it was)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)