Pause & Resume in 2 Layouts

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

Hi all

pardon me because I am a noob for construct2.

just think i have 3 layouts

layout1 - mainmenu
layout2 - game screen
layout3- resume menu

so what I want to do is, while im playing the game using time scale action I want to pause the game pressing "P" in my keyboard and then it should go to "layout3" so how do i call this event?

can anybody help me out?

i tried keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> set time scale 0 -> system go to layout3keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> set time scale 0 -> system go to layout3 but it didn't worked
B

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 am

can you be more specific?

keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> go to layout3

^ That should work fine, unless their is a specific reason you need time-scale in.
B
S

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 am

@Sketchy77

Thanks for your response, now I have added all the actions which I want to be paused when I press "P" key and made it a group and then created a event

when I press P > deactivate the group
[then it will go to another layout and when i press R it will return to the previous layout and activate the group"time scale 1.0"]
then when I press R > activate the group

now what I want to do is, when I press R & when it return back to the game layout i want to start the game from where I paused, not from the beginning, how do I do that?
B

Post » Fri May 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Look at the options for persisting objects between layouts. Read the manual section on save games and persistent objects may help.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?