Pausing and Unpausing and also Menu System

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:08 pm

I think the instance variables are overkill :) Have a look at this. I just changed 'Event Sheet 1' and disabled the timescale stuff in 'hud'.

wayofthesax1.capx
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Confirmed working on all layouts thus far! Thanks ramones, you just saved me hours of work! This way even fixes the layout disappearing at the beginning of layout 3.

So why does "restore time scale" work a lot better than "set time scale to 1" within the layout, but "set time scale to 1" works in the hud? it seems to me that "set time scale" and "restore time scale" are the same thing because the original time scale was 1 to begin with until I manually set it to 0. Grrr. Could this be a Construct 2 glitch or is it like a ghost in the machine that produces the continuing fade out error if I use "set time scale"?

Either way, thanks. Hopefully, I won't need anymore help like this for a while until I start implementing my more complicated game-type elements.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:57 pm

I think setting an object's time scale gives it it's own time scale value that it uses instead of the game time scale. So if you set an object's TS to 1 then it uses that value from that point onwards. When you pause the game and set the game TS to 0, the object still has it's own TS value of 1, so it continues to fade. Using 'restore object time scale' tells the object to use the game TS again and not it's own seperate TS value. That's the way I see it anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Yeah, but I wasn't telling each object to have a TS of 1 until it was supposed to come up. For some reason it was reading ahead and setting the TS to 1 out of order, regardless of whether the system's TS was 0 or not. Confusing! At least it works like it should now.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?