Pausing when out of window

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but a search for anything regarding "window" or "pause" led to nothing.

My problem is that my game still kind of registers controls when I tab out or have it running in the background, along with that, the game still runs completely while in the background shown by the fade-in and fade-out I implemented on a sprite object still functioning while the window isn't focused.

What I would like to know is if there's any way to make the game process pause itself while the window isn't focused? I tried fiddling around with the Window object but nothing seems to work and I can't find any settings that help within the Application Properties.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

• I had this problem, I ended up forcing my game to the front until the user pressed the pause key. I just hope whoever plays it reads the readme...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Damn, I was afraid there'd be no fix to this, every other .exe I've tried has the game always running in the background whether it be fullscreen or windowed mode.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

edit

I've tried to see what exactly was causing the issue and it seems to point towards the "Control Down" condition. If you use "Key Down" instead, the input doesn't seem to register when the window is in the background.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)