PayPal or other payment processing plugins

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:45 am

^^ what do you mean?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:57 am

Paypal has lately been tightening up their practices. The donate button is intended to be used for donations (figure that =P ), not payments. As far as I know, you're not hindered in any way to use it, but it is up to you that you use it proper. I don't know what kind of repercusions there are, but if you're using it to accept payment for products and such, you're not using it the way it's intended.

This is something I heard about this summer. I'm not entirely knowledgable about it, but I think there's reason to be cautious. Before anyone use the button I'd suggest looking into it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 am

Well someone said something about the donation button earlier.
But you can also make a "micro payment button" that acts pretty much like the donate button.

In fact it is in the "seller" part of paypal I think. I'm not sure, I haven't looked at this part for a long time, but you can setup an item (whatever the item is) as a button, and put the HTML code on your page/in your app.

It should send to a paypal page and once the payment is done, you maybe can set some redirection page.

You can do about the same with service like allopass.com

@Kiyoshi as answer for the question "how to monetize a game" you asked in another thread.
Micro payment is the key. Build your community around your game on your website and manage an item shop. That's your best bet and take full advantage of the online nature of HTML5.Kyatric2012-01-01 06:10:18
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:30 am

1) Been searching this for a while now. My concern is the same as with the C2 code, since from my understanding it is client side, therefore even tough it is obfuscated it can be decoded and copied. So I'm worried someone can mess with the code and skip payment. I don't know web developing languages neither client or server side    However, if there is an in app payment for HTML5 that is secure and can be added to the C2 that would be great, ** as I need money de facto **

2) So I'm looking for ways for C2 to communicate and interact with the server, in which variables or others stay on the server side hidden from the users, but as Ashley pointed out that means server script programming.

3) The next thing is to wait for the standarization or "upgrade" for sounds or audio for mobile devices either when accessing the game via web page or by creating a "native" app via phonegap, none have worked so far for playing sounds on my android phone or an Ipad.

4) I wish I could be as good for programming as the guys from the Scirra team, therefore my commitment this year is to not only learn to use C2, but also to start learning a web language.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:12 am

The Paypal issue happened to the developers of Project Zomboid, who had a donate button to help fund their development. Well apparently Paypal put a hold on their money they earned because someone complained.

I don't really think it had anything to do with the fact that they were not a legal Charitable entity, but more to do with Paypal getting zealous over customer rights as opposed to publisher rights.

You might be able to get all the details on their site, I am too lazy to reference them.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:18 am

I guess you can't very well demand your money back since a donation is not a product or service.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:50 pm

I have never thought of this before but I guess you can set up some server side code with PayPal to make in game purchases. That is pretty awesome. I know personally I might buy more IGP if this was the case. Also, since PayPal has been around longer it might be easier to implement.

You might be surprised on how many people donate to good games.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 am

I'm all for a PayPal plugin, but one from and tested by Scirra.com. That way at least I have some assurance that it's fairly safe.

What I'd really love, however, is a plugin for BitCoin!
http://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-for-developers
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:59 pm

[QUOTE=GeckoLab] I'm all for a PayPal plugin, but one from and tested by Scirra.com. That way at least I have some assurance that it's fairly safe.

What I'd really love, however, is a plugin for BitCoin!
http://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-for-developers[/QUOTE]
Yes, then we can deploy our apps on silkroad!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General