[PC, iOS, Android] Star Nomad - Greenlit

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:21 am

awsome game! reminds me of galaxy trader! that is not funny cause has to big map but this one looks actually cool!:) good job! if you market it good! i think you can make some money:)
Do you have games and want to make money with them!? do you want more then pennis from ads you have in your games?! visit us today www.gcstudio.net and make money with your games!:)
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 am

@gamecorptm

Did it run fine on your devices?

@PKrawczynski

I've updated it with some changes, along with CJS 1.4.7 which didn't have such a bad bug with Samsung devices. Let me know if it still crash on your Tab 3.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:09 am

@Silverforce
Unfortunately it crashes even before ludei logo now :(
Reinstalled game from scratch as well.

I still think its internal cocoon fault but hey, we dont have much choices right now anyway.
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:35 am

@PKrawczynski
Yeah its definitely a CocoonJS bug, so freaken annoying. I get that same error report from users on Samsung S2 phones, Tab 2/3.

It's a shame since I designed this game to use the least art as possible while still looking decent. I was glad to finally get all assets loaded to only use ~150MB since I knew it would work on low end devices.. but really, not working on Samsung stuff is a damn SIN.

It works amazingly well on S4/S5. S3 some models work, others don't. I believe there is a problem with CJS & a variant of Samsung's Exynos CPU that some of their models use.

As for Crosswalk/XDK, there's a GPU blacklist on a lot of older Samsung devices as well, ones with Mali GPUs. If you try to force it, you risk random crashes & your WebGL effects not working etc.

On the mobile side of things, there's definitely huge room for improvements.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Excellent game

Justed wasted an hour on it

Plays fine on my 2012 nexus 7 most of the time

Have had to shut down my tablet a couple of times as it was crashing at the ludei screen
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Darth Crusher wrote:Excellent game

Justed wasted an hour on it

Plays fine on my 2012 nexus 7 most of the time

Have had to shut down my tablet a couple of times as it was crashing at the ludei screen

I honestly have no idea whats going on with CJS, it used to work very well. This game isnt that intensive on memory, but the crashes are related to the libCocoonJSLib.so library and not memory warnings.

Glad you like the game though! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 am

@Silverforce

Ill have to give this game a shot with my Samsung Galaxy 8.4 Pro tomorrow. I will let you know what it does.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:23 am

GameThirsty wrote:@Silverforce

Ill have to give this game a shot with my Samsung Galaxy 8.4 Pro tomorrow. I will let you know what it does.

Thanks.

I did testing on Samsung S4/S5 but didnt have access to the tablets to test, only other tabs like Nexus 7/10 and LG etc. Seems CocoonJS is really bugged for certain Samsung devices, hope they fix it soon.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:13 am

Silverforce wrote:

Thanks.

I did testing on Samsung S4/S5 but didnt have access to the tablets to test, only other tabs like Nexus 7/10 and LG etc. Seems CocoonJS is really bugged for certain Samsung devices, hope they fix it soon.

I just tried it on my Pro 8.4... no bugs I had found... the only thing I can think of is the map you have, it cuts off at the right a bit.

Plays really nice on the device also... that's a Snapdragon 800 with an Adreno 330 GPU however.

Good job!
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:41 am

GameThirsty wrote:
Silverforce wrote:

Thanks.

I just tried it on my Pro 8.4... no bugs I had found... the only thing I can think of is the map you have, it cuts off at the right a bit.

Plays really nice on the device also... that's a Snapdragon 800 with an Adreno 330 GPU however.

Good job!

Great! Can you give me a screenshot of what it looks like on your device? It's got super high res, 2560 x 1600 p or 16:10 ratio..

I can move everything to the left a bit if its scaling wrong on 1600p screens.

Also, Star Nomad runs great even on old devices with Tegra 3, like the Nexus 7 2012 and HTC One X. That was my target performance level, I would test on it to ensure it runs smoothly.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations