[PC, iOS, Android] Star Nomad - Greenlit

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 am

@Sethmaster Thanks, good to get some support from fellow devs.

But honestly I'm not confident it will make it on Greenlight, it's stripped of some much needed complexity to be suitable for PC desktop sandboxes to optimize for mobiles and touch screen.

Hows your pixel gangster epic going?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 am

Still suspended for now since I am resting for a while after finishing Super Nuclear Riders.
Will go back to it in a few days after I finish with Divinity: Original Sin
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:27 am

Update: Finally got around to making the iOS version working all nicely on all the iPads, from 2 to retina and mini. Took me very long because Apple took 2 weeks to approve my developer account and I couldn't test anything without it since Xcode won't work without provisions & certificates.

Then half way through testing, I made a choice to abandon iPhone since the screen is too small to be enjoyable so remade an iPad 4:3 ratio version only. Performance wise, really really good. ~50% CPU load on iPad mini w/ Retina & iPad Air for 60 fps capped. On older A5 models (iPad 2 & 1st gen iPad mini) the game also runs smooth. Very happy with performance.

Will submit it to the App Store in next few days, hopefully Apple won't give me more trouble than they already have.

On other good news, Star Nomad got some reviews from nice sites! (Pure dumb luck since I just spam them with such a simple & short email: "hey guys, game is released, give it a try, here's a video & screenshot").

Android version (older version before I made some changes with an update to partially address the flaws):
http://www.hardcoredroid.com/star-nomad-review/

PC version (really hilarious writing from the reviewer, fun read!):
http://indiegamemag.com/star-nomad-maki ... -frontier/

Also more good news, just now CJS updated to v2.0.2 which apparently has the fix for crashing on some devices, I've just updated Star Nomad on Google, so @PKrawczynski @michael @suntemple try it and hopefully it will start fine now!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Wow. This game is awesome. Good work!
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:46 am

Android is a nightmare to support actually, I'm seeing so many other AAA games from big studios get 1 star rating from so many users due to crashes. I'm also suffering from this, partly due to CJS but also due to Android fragmentation.

I wish Google would give us an option to OPT in devices or common hardware CPU rather than OPT out over 6,400 out there.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:35 am

@silverforce
I had problems with samsung as well with my game, but i find out that the fault was in web storage and in how many cookies i use when saving game, in the end i made my save game with array and web storage combination, and converted with minify script option, so in the end i dont have problems with samsung galaxy 2, samsung galaxy 3 and samsung galaxy 4
I hope this will help
and if you want more info just contact me
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:41 am

kristsbee wrote:@silverforce
I had problems with samsung as well with my game, but i find out that the fault was in web storage and in how many cookies i use when saving game, in the end i made my save game with array and web storage combination, and converted with minify script option, so in the end i dont have problems with samsung galaxy 2, samsung galaxy 3 and samsung galaxy 4
I hope this will help
and if you want more info just contact me

Hi, thanks for the tip. I only use WebStorage Local Storage to save Global Variables. I don't use save/load state.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:11 am

@silverforce
Yes that what I meant, I strongly advice you to first transfer all global variables to one array then save that array on web storage as local value , in this way you have only one call for web storage at start of your game and its improves loading time, and opens game for more devices.
Last edited by kristsbee on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:40 pm

@Silverforce, great review from indiegamemag!!

Reinstalled, but still same result: the never ending luidi splash, and the the app crashes.

I find android to be pretty pathetic at times, when I get time I will give the pc version a spin....
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:26 pm

michael wrote:@Silverforce, great review from indiegamemag!!

Reinstalled, but still same result: the never ending luidi splash, and the the app crashes.

I find android to be pretty pathetic at times, when I get time I will give the pc version a spin....

Thanks. It looks like a CJS bug overall on some Android devices.. understandably its very difficult to keep things smooth when Android is so crazy with way too many devices and modified OS. Anyway, hopefully we get working IAPs with Crosswalk/XDK very soon. At this point I'm fed up with CJS and very eager to jump ship!

The IGM review was a great read, really good writer. I am working on the major flaw of Star Nomad, the character animations now. Got an artist commissioned to take my anime characters and make them realistic looking, so far its looking AMAZING.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations