Penguin Dash! - available on Android/Google Play [FREE]

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce my first game, hope you can check it out and let me know what you think.

The game is called Penguin Dash! and the objective is pretty simple, just get as far as you can jumping from platform to platform while avoiding objects and collecting gems to increase score. It's more difficult than it sounds :)

It's available now on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.studio989.penguindash

DESCRIPTION

Run & Jump your way through this simple yet addicting game.

Game gets faster and harder the further you go.

HOW TO PLAY

Jump from one platform to another, avoiding obstacles.
• Hitting an obstacle removes 1 heart from your health bar. Lose 3 hearts and its Game Over.

Collect Gems to increase your score.
• Gems will increase your score by 1,000.

Collect 5 Gems to restore health by one heart.
• Hitting an obstacle will reset your Gem count back to 0.

Youtube Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79dNJzUllI

* Video seems to lag if not played in 60fps, so apologies about that. The actual gameplay is much smoother :)

Thanks to everyone here that's helped out by providing tutorials and assisted with any issues creating the game.

I'd appriciate it if you could try out the game and provide feedback. Also, feel free to leave a good review :)

Enjoy!
Last edited by rayray on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:36 am

Nice work!. Winter is coming ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm

It sure is :) Thanks for the comment.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Wow, this game looks great, love the graphics.

I've just played it and it's really good, it's quite hard at first but once you get into it and get used to the gameplay, it's really addictive.

Good job!
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Thanks, appriciate the comments. Glad you like the game.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Here's a video promo of my game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79dNJzUllI

*Apologies about the video quality, seems to lag quite a bit. Don't know what i can do about that, video was fine when editing but as soon as i uploaded on Youtube the video turns out like this. The acutal gameplay is much smoother :)
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:53 pm

I found this game on Google Playstore and really enjoyed it. It's a great time killer :)

Didn't realise the game was made with Construct 2 until i seen the credits page, so thought i would do a little search and see if i found anything here about it so i could comment on it seeing as i'm making a infinity runner game too.

Good Job!
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:16 pm

I'd like to share the latest update for Penguin Dash!, it's a pretty important one in terms of performance and features.

* With this update, the game has been compiled with Cocoon.io rather than Intel XDK with previous versions - this has resulted in a much better and smoother performance gameplay on devices. Also the game download size has been significantly reduced (From 25mb on Intel to around 12mb now)

* Google Play Leaderboards are now available.

* Also improved the look of the game by changing some of the sprites in game.

I hope you guys can check out the game with the new update. Before this update, the game used to lag quite a bit on devices so hopefully that's sorted now and the game plays as intended.

Thanks.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations