Penguin Fun [Android]

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:31 am

Penguin Fun Banner.jpg

Help this lovely Penguin to get as many fishes as possible.
Avoid obstacles, jump and use your skills and reflex against an increasingly fast speed. Track your fishes amount, share with your friends and be the guy!
With three difficulty levels, you can test yourself and your friends!
Penguin Fun is easy to play, but hard to master!

imgGameplay1.jpg

imgGameplay3.jpg

Features:
-Normal Difficulty
You start at the lowest speed.
-Hard Difficulty
You already start at a high speed.
Other obstacles are added.
-Extremelly Hard
Two harder obstacles are added and the gaps between platforms are added.
-Customizations
-Leaderboards.
-Achievements.

Start now collecting the biggest pile of fishes of all time!

=============-----------------------====================

This is my first game that I managed to finish and my first on the Play Store as well. I'd like to say thanks to this incredible community for all the help I've received from many different people, all super patient, helpful and friendly. I couldn't mention names because I probably would left someone behind. So thank you very much everyone!

If you'd like to support the game here are the links:
Download the game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... PenguinFun
Game's page: https://www.facebook.com/PenguinFunTheGame
If you'd like to help, join the "Penguin Fun - Test" community and become a tester: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 1092308827

Thank you again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kossglobal on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:55 am

Nice work!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:33 am

I'm also working on a penguin game :)

I've downloaded the game and played it for 2 minutes, than quit and probably won't play it again.
Why?
You display interstitials during gameplay, that's a big no-go!!! I was in the middle of a jump, when the ad showed up. :x

Watch this video, when and when not to implement interstitials.

It looks like you've spent a lot of time creating the game and it could be nice, fun game, but that bad ad's implementation turned me off completely.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:45 pm

@iceangel
Thanks!
@Noga
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't set the interstitial to show in the middle of the game. I think I did something wrong. It wasn't my intention. I'll definitely fix it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 pm

@Noga
Already fixed it. The update will be avaiable very soon. Thanks again!
Could you try it again tomorrow and tell me if it's ok?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:55 pm

This time I didn't see any ads. I'm not counting the banner in the start screen. I played twice.
First time - like 5 minutes - no ads at all ??
Second time - 2-3 games, than I went back to the start screen and an interstitial showed up.

Ok, now it's much more fun, but aren't you too strict? Before it was just bad placement and wrong timing. Did you shut'em off from the gameplay?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:28 am

Noga wrote:This time I didn't see any ads. I'm not counting the banner in the start screen. I played twice.
First time - like 5 minutes - no ads at all ??
Second time - 2-3 games, than I went back to the start screen and an interstitial showed up.

Ok, now it's much more fun, but aren't you too strict? Before it was just bad placement and wrong timing. Did you shut'em off from the gameplay?

Yes, all ads are shown only on the first screen in order to prevent gameplay interruptions. This is a kind of game that this could harm player's performance so I decided to just show on the first screen, where he can see leaderboards, achievements, choose an item and other minor settings.

My first concern is about having a good gameplay experience. So do you think it's good now?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:49 am

Few animation. You could show two different buttons (normal/hard) to play it again after game over.
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:11 am

JamesXXXYZ wrote:Few animation. You could show two different buttons (normal/hard) to play it again after game over.

Thanks for the feedback!
Could you be a little more specific about animations? And about the play button I'll look at it. Having to decide all the time between hard and normal mode isn't the best choice, I agree. :)

But what do you think in general?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:46 pm

kossglobal wrote:My first concern is about having a good gameplay experience. So do you think it's good now?

Yes, definitely better than interrupted by ads.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations