People having problem accepting game making tools

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 am

Check the comments. 2 years of hard work, and the guy "unsubscribes because i didn't make the game from scratch", just because i said i used C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAUVf_3DPA

Do you have this issue too with some people?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:17 am

Dont listen to him he's just dumb.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:36 am

People who care what is used to make a game are a very very very small minority. What matters is the game.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 am

Just do what you want to do, use whatever program you want, keep working hard and don't listen to people.
Cause if you're gonna make it or not that's gonna be based mostly on you and the work you put in.
Do you really think if you take someone now and tell that person in what program Flappy Bird(for example) was made he's gonna care, or he's gonna stop playing it?! NOOO, if he likes the game he's still gonna like it, if he doesn't then he still won't....
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:58 am

There will always be somebody who takes personal offence because you didn't code in binary. I also think a few adolescents see it as a status achievement to try and trash something - perhaps they are too small to be effective bullies in their school playgrounds so they reside in the internet instead...
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 am

Looking at the guy's name (OverratedProgrammer) and his channel (absolutely nothing) I'd say it was just a joke... If not, well, you know how some people complain about EDM not being "real music" because they don't use "real instruments"? Same thing here. To them, you're not writing the game from scratch in raw C++ or what have you, so you are an inferior poser wannabe making fake games. You'll find that with just about anything.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:52 am

The comment felt a bit sarcastic.

In general I'd recommend not to get too offended by negative comments whether they be on youtube or twitter etc. Either someone will leave constructive negative criticism, which you should take in stride when you are tweaking your game, or someone is just looking to get a rise out of you, in which case you should grow thicker skin!
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:27 am

Emperor Ing wrote:The comment felt a bit sarcastic.

In general I'd recommend not to get too offended by negative comments whether they be on youtube or twitter etc. Either someone will leave constructive negative criticism, which you should take in stride when you are tweaking your game, or someone is just looking to get a rise out of you, in which case you should grow thicker skin!

Definitely... but you know, i need to practice my written english (for the spoken one i've lost all my hopes :P)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:39 am

A good game is a good game regardless of how its produced.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:55 am

This is how the world is. Stupid people bashing things for the lulz of it based on stupid reasons. You just have to get over it and ignore them ;)
B

Next

Return to Construct 2 General