People having problem accepting game making tools

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Check the comments. 2 years of hard work, and the guy "unsubscribes because i didn't make the game from scratch", just because i said i used C2.

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Do you have this issue too with some people?

• Dont listen to him he's just dumb.

• People who care what is used to make a game are a very very very small minority. What matters is the game.

• Just do what you want to do, use whatever program you want, keep working hard and don't listen to people.

Cause if you're gonna make it or not that's gonna be based mostly on you and the work you put in.

Do you really think if you take someone now and tell that person in what program Flappy Bird(for example) was made he's gonna care, or he's gonna stop playing it?! NOOO, if he likes the game he's still gonna like it, if he doesn't then he still won't....

• There will always be somebody who takes personal offence because you didn't code in binary. I also think a few adolescents see it as a status achievement to try and trash something - perhaps they are too small to be effective bullies in their school playgrounds so they reside in the internet instead...

• Looking at the guy's name (OverratedProgrammer) and his channel (absolutely nothing) I'd say it was just a joke... If not, well, you know how some people complain about EDM not being "real music" because they don't use "real instruments"? Same thing here. To them, you're not writing the game from scratch in raw C++ or what have you, so you are an inferior poser wannabe making fake games. You'll find that with just about anything.

• The comment felt a bit sarcastic.

In general I'd recommend not to get too offended by negative comments whether they be on youtube or twitter etc. Either someone will leave constructive negative criticism, which you should take in stride when you are tweaking your game, or someone is just looking to get a rise out of you, in which case you should grow thicker skin!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The comment felt a bit sarcastic.

In general I'd recommend not to get too offended by negative comments whether they be on youtube or twitter etc. Either someone will leave constructive negative criticism, which you should take in stride when you are tweaking your game, or someone is just looking to get a rise out of you, in which case you should grow thicker skin!

Definitely... but you know, i need to practice my written english (for the spoken one i've lost all my hopes )

• A good game is a good game regardless of how its produced.

• This is how the world is. Stupid people bashing things for the lulz of it based on stupid reasons. You just have to get over it and ignore them

• Never and I mean never listen to a troll on youtubes comment section. They are everywhere. And for god sake. Almost everygame made today is made in an engine. This troll has probably never made a game in his life other than a pong clone whithout the bouncing ball

• "Those chess where made out of wood and not air. Unsubscribing"

The game looks neat btw

• This is the kind of comment to ignore. I think he doesn't know what " create an engine " means in terms of money and time. In his case , he must criticize a vast majority of games that are made ??with engines created by others ( Unreal Engine , Unity , Crysis Engine , Havok and many others ) .

His lack of argument is typical of basic troll.

IMO, your game seems very worked... Do not worry about the behavior of such people

• I'm hesitant of anybody that still uses flash.

• I'm hesitant of anybody that still uses flash.

Now a days I cringe at the word...flash. *shudders*

To me, flash is so 90's and in terms of how long its been out vs development and security...

Just time to retire that old dinosaur and let HTML5 and Unity reign.

I think what keeps holding Unity back is the fact you have to download it. Took flash a long time to get accepted and even more time to be integrated(chrome). At least with HTML5 everything is there and ready to use.

Things like C2 make it easier for us indy devs.

Starter script kiddies go and dl nulled or free scripts change a few things and think they made something.

Then there are the advanced script kiddies who compile scripts from all of the web and alter them as needed while learning to make a whole app. Thats pretty much us atm.

Only difference is C2 has the entire script library ready for us to combine. No searching. After awhile we get curious and dabble into making our own scripts(plugins, behaviors ect...). There is not much difference other than us not having to scour the webs to learn how to code one little line.

Then there are those who try to be "Pure". Takes years to learn a programming language. Then make a pong clone. Then pacman, ect... They start coding at 15. Makes game of their own at 30 something....claims to be master race.

Its all in your personal preference, time on your hands, who you know, and living situation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)