People having problem accepting game making tools

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Never and I mean never listen to a troll on youtubes comment section. They are everywhere. And for god sake. Almost everygame made today is made in an engine. This troll has probably never made a game in his life other than a pong clone whithout the bouncing ball :P So keep at it and no worries :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:18 pm

"Those chess where made out of wood and not air. Unsubscribing" ;)

The game looks neat btw :)
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 pm

This is the kind of comment to ignore. I think he doesn't know what " create an engine " means in terms of money and time. In his case , he must criticize a vast majority of games that are made ​​with engines created by others ( Unreal Engine , Unity , Crysis Engine , Havok and many others ) .
His lack of argument is typical of basic troll.
IMO, your game seems very worked... Do not worry about the behavior of such people ;)
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm hesitant of anybody that still uses flash.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:12 pm

newt wrote:I'm hesitant of anybody that still uses flash.

Now a days I cringe at the word...flash. *shudders*

To me, flash is so 90's and in terms of how long its been out vs development and security...

Just time to retire that old dinosaur and let HTML5 and Unity reign.

I think what keeps holding Unity back is the fact you have to download it. Took flash a long time to get accepted and even more time to be integrated(chrome). At least with HTML5 everything is there and ready to use.

Things like C2 make it easier for us indy devs.
Starter script kiddies go and dl nulled or free scripts change a few things and think they made something.
Then there are the advanced script kiddies who compile scripts from all of the web and alter them as needed while learning to make a whole app. Thats pretty much us atm.
Only difference is C2 has the entire script library ready for us to combine. No searching. After awhile we get curious and dabble into making our own scripts(plugins, behaviors ect...). There is not much difference other than us not having to scour the webs to learn how to code one little line.

Then there are those who try to be "Pure". Takes years to learn a programming language. Then make a pong clone. Then pacman, ect... They start coding at 15. Makes game of their own at 30 something....claims to be master race.

Its all in your personal preference, time on your hands, who you know, and living situation.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 am

Danwood wrote:Check the comments. 2 years of hard work, and the guy "unsubscribes because i didn't make the game from scratch", just because i said i used C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAUVf_3DPA

Do you have this issue too with some people?

i would not worry about opinions every one have one, does not mean that they are right :)

the opinions that mather, are the one that are constructive and helpfull for you, which propels you forward:D

looks like a really fun game, keep up the great work!.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 am

Hello DanWood,

I really do not see your problem. Most comments are very positive and praise your work. Are you gonna let one person spoil your fun?

I am developing in Xojo which is a very nice environment. I like to develop educational games for my six years old daughter. I choosed Construct 2 in favour of Xojo because it is much easier, a lot less work and very much fun.

The tool used does not matter as long as your game is nice and interesting to play and is of excellent quality. Your game surely qualifies.

Constructive critism is always positive, if it is positive or negative. You learn, adapt and improve your product. At least you are spending your time creatively and contribute to a community in a positive way, which cannot be said about OverRatedProgrammer. There are always people who need to moan.

I am new to this community. I find it a very friendly, helpfull community just like the Xojo one. This is a constructive place full of wonderfull ideas floating around. I learned a lot already from the people here. I wish I could make games like you already.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:27 pm

I see this kind of thing with rpg maker sometimes.

yours
Winkr7
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:05 pm

I sense trolling. Of course, there really are people like that in the world. They never completed a game though.

B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Cryptwalker,

Why did you use my photo? :-)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General