People having problem accepting game making tools

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:15 am

Trolls be trolling bro. Welcome to the interwebz. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Danwood wrote:Check the comments. 2 years of hard work, and the guy "unsubscribes because i didn't make the game from scratch", just because i said i used C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAUVf_3DPA

Do you have this issue too with some people?

Whether you use C2 or Unity (Which a lot of big game developers do) shouldn't matter, if the game and the performance is good. People making games in Unity for instant, doesn't make everything from scratch either. So think that guy will have a hard time arguing his point or at least he would have to limit himself to only support a smaller range of games I think.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Danwood wrote:Check the comments. 2 years of hard work, and the guy "unsubscribes because i didn't make the game from scratch", just because i said i used C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmAUVf_3DPA

Do you have this issue too with some people?

yea that guy is talking out of his monkey butt sorry for the expression but thats what he left me think about him,

as for subscribers part, dont worrie about subscribers. they come they go, its same in religion, people will always have their own opinions, and they will come and leave as they please, not because you did a bad or good job, but because maybe wasn't their thing in the beginning. i wouldn't worrie to much. if you want to grow more subscribers just add as much content you can, update as soon, and how many times you can. in time i think youl get it where you want, congratulations on the DynoSystem its awesome to see some good game made in C2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 am

Thank you all for the comments. I'm a bit emotional sometimes, but when i look back i see that i was giving too much importance to something that doesn't deserve it, either because he's a troll or lame... what really matters is being productive, creative and delivering as scheduled.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Don't worry, your game looks good and it seems as a complex one. It's not easy to build a game like that even with visual programming.

In every new era of programming, the previous era looks down and hates the new one. It was like that with the beginning of C and then with the new, object oriented languages, and now with the visual programming. But it's getting more and more popular, so it gets accepted more as it spreads.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 pm

Keep up the good work Danwood!!! I am sure we did not see the last of your nice work.

As a complete beginner on game creation, I wish I was half talented as you are. Learning a new skill always takes a lot of efforts, learning, falling and rise up again. But I like it also very much.

Like in StarTrek The Next Generation : to boldly go where no one is gone before.
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I useto have a teacher that said RPGmaker is not a game engine and anything in there was not a game, We worked for 2 years and proved him wrong..
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General