Performance difference between Wifi Preview and actual game?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm trying some game prototypes on my low end phone using chrome through wifi preview.
When I optimize them I manage to get 60 fps but sometimes they drop down a little, which I hate.
So, let's say I publish the game on the play store and try it on the same phone. Will it perform better than it did on the browser over wifi preview, or what?
B

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 pm

In almost all cases the game will run better on the device than wifi preview, if you're getting 60fps in preview you have nothing to worry about :)
I've only seen one exception so far - the hudl2 tablet which for some reason did run better in preview, though I assume this is rare.
B
S

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:24 pm

majesticAsFk wrote:In almost all cases the game will run better on the device than wifi preview, if you're getting 60fps in preview you have nothing to worry about :)
I've only seen one exception so far - the hudl2 tablet which for some reason did run better in preview, though I assume this is rare.

As I thought. Thanks buddy!
OT: you are cute :lol: :roll:
B

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:36 pm

I get good performance on the wifi preview, but when I do a preview through XDK it's almost half of the frame rate. Is there a better export solution for iOS?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:40 pm

You might look into cocoon.io - there are threads about it in this forum.
B
S

Return to Construct 2 General