Performance in Android & CocoonJS

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:01 pm

I made a major optimization in sprites and sounds but it didnt improve anything.
Im counting 5 to 8 FPS on screen in the Android phone. And in PC its giving me 60.

Its a really simple game, pretty much like the space blaster on the C2 example.

Is it possible to share the Capx project privately with someone in scirra to give it a quick check?.

Thanks.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:23 am

i don't know if it's useful information but generally when distributing html 5 and flash apps on mobile platforms, developers use some sort of middleware as a bridge

Otherwise I think you'll just about be able to throw a couple of sprites around, i mean we are talking about running HTML so some scalable GL type engine, driven by javascript, that's a lot to ask of a mobile.

I have yet to get to construct 2 as I am very much enjoying construct classic at the moment, but i defiantly want to make mobile versions of some of my ideas so will investigate construct 2, I imagine there's some hope for a solution of making the game in construct 2 then using the generated code with some middle-ware to make it standalone....
B

Post » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes this is true, Im using CocoonJs as a middle bridge.

And Im testing in Motorola Defy+ (1ghz CPU and 512Mb of Ram) and Samsung Galaxy Ace (800Mhz Cpu and 278mb of RAM).
That is a LOT of power.
I dont know how can a simple bug smasher game can work at 5, maybe 8fps.

Im thinking on getting a Galaxy SIII to test in a new model, but it only goes up to 768mb of ram. Not much of a difference, Although the processor is suposed to be a quad-core of 1.4ghz.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?